At the University of Worcester, Netball is accessible to all at recreational, development and performance levels. UWNetball is the largest female society at the University of Worcester. We are working towards developing our team culture – ‘#oneHEART’ which stands for Health, Energy, Attitude, Responsibility and Teamwork, and members of the club look to embody these values in all their endeavours. The society consists of five BUCS (British Universities and Colleges Sport leagues) teams, development netball sessions and recreational netball sessions.
- The University of Worcester have a Director of Netball, Louisa-Jayne Walker. Louisa has a wealth of netball coaching and experience as former Wales U21 Head Coach and current English Universities Head Coach. She coaches the UWNetball 1st team and supervises the structured quality training for all teams. All 5 BUCS teams have their own designated Head Coach.
- 1st and 2nd UWNetball BUCS teams are ‘performance teams’ at the University of Worcester. This means they receive extra support from the School of Sport and Exercise, including; sports therapy and massage, strength and conditioning and video performance analysis
- UWNetball provide additional competitive opportunities for performance players with annual friendly fixtures against elite teams such as England U17s, Wales U17s, Severn Stars NPL Squads and Millfield School.
- The University of Worcester is a co-owner of the Severn Stars Netball Super League franchise. Several UWNetball members train or play for Severn Stars, including their NPL squads and senior VNSL teams.
- Excellent indoor netball facilities (4 courts) including the University Arena which has a track record of hosting international netball events (Netball Europe, VNSL final) and is one of the home venues for the Severn Stars Super League team. All 5 BUCS teams, development netball and Rec Net training sessions and matches take place at the University Arena.
- Volunteering and work placement opportunities and educational course provision in both coaching and umpiring.
- Partnership with Worcester Netball Club and Worcester County Netball Association, and several of our players play for local Netball clubs as well as University Netball.
For further information on the University of Worcester netball programme see our netball flyer or contact:
Louisa Jayne Walker
Director of Netball