Careers and employability
We’re proud of our graduates and their outstanding employment record.
We have an outstanding record for graduate employment, with 97% in work or study six months after graduation.
We are also in the top 10 for ‘Sustained employment with or without further study’ in the most recent Longitudinal Educational Outcomes data, which looks at employment rates 1 year (9th), 3 years (9th) and 5 years (8th) after graduation.
Our courses are relevant and many are practically based. Thanks to our close links with local employers, we are able to offer a range of work experience, volunteering and internship opportunities.
Our Careers and Employability Service are based in the Peirson Study and Guidance Centre. They support students and graduates with the planning and management of their careers and development of employability skills. As part of this they provide:
- CV, application and interview advice
- Volunteer opportunities
- Job news
- Psychometric tests
- Career workshops
- Preparing for the job market
Preparing for the job market
Worcester graduates are some of the most successful in the country when it comes to employment.
Our courses are relevant and many are practically based. Our flexible approach means that you can combine subjects you’re interested in, creating a degree that’s tailored to your interests and career ambitions.
We also offer the following opportunities to enhance your employability:
- Work experience
- Course placements
- Online environments that will help you to manage your study and develop new skills
- Resources to help you develop presentation skills, writing letters, producing CVs, completing application forms and a searchable database of vacancies.
- Meeting employers face-to-face at our busy recruitment fairs, employer presentations, careers talks and skills workshops
- Help with establishing your own business from start-up grants to networking and entrepreneurial skills using our dedicated Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre