Find out about student cricket teams at Worcester.
- We have a Men’s and Women’s cricket team at the university that play throughout the year in BUCS indoor tournaments and outdoor competitive leagues.
- There are 3 teams across the sport - Women’s 1st and Men’s 1st and 2nd – The men’s and women’s sides also have performance squads that gain access to other programmes such as performance training, S&C, sports therapy, and performance analysis.
- Our Mens 1st XI and 2nd XI squad will compete in the regional indoor cricket competition with the opportunity to reach national finals (in 2021, they finished 3rd in the country).
- Women will compete in a women’s indoor regional competition.
- Women will also play league cricket throughout the summer of 2022, playing other universities home and away across the country. The Men’s 1st and 2nd XI sides will also play a busy summer programme of fixtures.
- All 3 teams with train through the week from September to the start of the season in March with sessions being lead by level 2 and level 3 coaches.
- We benefit from the MSci Cricket Coaching and Management course which started at the University of Worcester in 2022, giving cricketers the opportunity to play, train, coach and learn about the game in a cricket focused programme.
- Volunteering and work placement opportunities are available within the cricket programme, to support a variety of subject areas.
- Opportunities to attain coaching and officiating qualifications are available throughout the year.
For further information on the University of Worcester cricket programme, please contact:
MSc Studentship (Cricket)