Excited to start your course? There are just a few key things you should get ready before you head to Worcester.
Things to do before you arrive
How to register online
Registration is the process of becoming an official member of the University. Simply follow these steps to ensure you're prepared:
1. Keep your confirmation letter safe
- Before the start of your course, we will send you a letter asking you to begin your online registration.
- There will be a web link in the letter which will take you to the relevant web pages.
2. Set up your online university account
- Next, we’ll send you a password with your university account username, so you can log in to our student IT services. You can change this later but you'll need to use the sent details first, in order to access your university account.
- You'll now have access to Blackboard, where you can pick up your reading lists and print out your Certificate of Registration (you'll need to bring your Certificate of Registration with you when you arrive).
- You’ll also have access to our Student Online Learning Environment (SOLE), where you can download your personalised timetable and Welcome Week programme.
3. Upload a photo
- You’ll need to upload a good head and shoulders photo of yourself, which will be used on your student ID card. It’s important to upload this in advance, so that we can have your card ready for collection when you arrive.
- Try to use the sort of photo that you would use on a passport – nice and clear, looking at the camera and just featuring you!
4. Pick your modules
- For some courses, you will need to select modules (the ‘classes’) that you will study in your first year. If you need to make a selection, you will see this option in SOLE.
- If you need help choosing your modules, you can attend one of our module selection drop in sessions when you arrive on campus.
Sort your fees and finance
Many students arrange for their fees to be financed by Student Finance. If you haven't already arranged your student finance, you can find out details about course fees, as well as information on student loans, in our Figure out Finance section.
There is also a lot of useful information available on our Money Advice pages. You might like to take a look at our handy budget sheets too!
If you have any questions or concerns about paying your fees, you can contact or book an appointment with Firstpoint.
Download our app
Remember to download the University of Worcester Guidebook App on the App Store or Google Play. This will tell you about events and activities taking place over the Welcome Weekend and your first week.
The app will provide you with campus maps and local information such as shops, banks and travel. You'll also find answers to questions often asked by first year students and who to contact for help and advice.