The University of Worcester’s Research School is the focal point for all our research degree students
The Research School provides:
A Dynamic Research Environment
- The Research School is situated in the heart of Worcester City Centre in the newly refurbished Jenny Lind Building and within a 3-minute walk of Worcester Foregate Street train station and The Hive, the University’s award-winning library.
- A bright, modern and quiet workspace equipped with computing facilities, lockable storage, meeting rooms and break-out space has been created for the exclusive use of research students.
Information and Guidance
- A dedicated postgraduate research team provides a single point of contact for all research students and supervisors and offers day-to-day support and guidance.
- The Research School’s principal role in the research degree process is to facilitate and monitor a research student’s training and progress through their research degree programme.
Training and Development
- A Researcher Development Programme, offering a comprehensive suite of modules, courses and workshops, to develop students’ skills and capabilities as a researcher and equip them with a set of transferable skills that will enhance their employability.
An Active Research Community
- The Research School also has broader responsibilities for supporting and promoting research across the University and externally as well as working closely with academic Institutes.
- A programme of events to inspire, engage and foster a community of researchers including the Emerging Researcher Research Café, Images of Research Exhibition and Competition, and the Research Student Forum.
- The Postgraduate Research Student Society, run by the students, for the students, also organises a calendar of conferences, seminars and social events for research students.
If you wish to learn more about the Research School please email firstname.lastname@example.org