Diagnostic Radiography Clinical Educators
Clinical Placement Information
Students will attend placement for 2 days each week. This will either be 2 set weekdays or the weekend. Students will work a variety of shifts to reflect the role of the radiographer. The year plan can be seen below. Students will have holiday period over the summer, but if the student owes time or needs a reassessment, they may need to attend placement over the summer.
Year Planner for 2023-24
Students will be issued a placement assessment document at the beginning of each academic year. This should be completed throughout the year by trained assessors. If you wish to assess students, you will need to complete the University of Worcester assessor training.
Clinical Educator Training
Our clinical educator training is a one-day course which takes place on the university campus. This training is for anyone who works alongside students in the clinical environment. The aims of the course are:
- To equip you to work alongside the students to enhance their learning
- To identify where students might struggle and how you can help
- To support you in giving student feedback
- To train you to assess students with the University of Worcester practice assessment document
- To highlight the issues of failing to fail
Dates for this training can be seen below – please email email@example.com to book a place.
- Weds 18th October 2023
- Thurs 23rd November 2023
If you have completed educator training with another institution, you are not required to attend this training although you are welcome to should you wish. You are required to complete the assessor training before you can assess a University of Worcester student.
Support is available during placements to both educators and students alike. Educators should refer to the Practice Placement Handbook and students to the student handbook for guidance on process. Students have access to staff with several different roles who can support them with their placement learning.
- Module Lead: Responsible for overall co-ordination of the placement module and assessment process.
- Personal Academic Tutor: responsible for academic and pastoral support for individual students across the duration of their course
- Zoned Academic: responsible for providing provide student centred educational support and providing Clinical Educator with on-going support for struggling students, including at meetings with the Practice Educator if appropriate. ZAs will attempt to visit once during the placement and may visit more frequently as required.
- Placement Support Team: responsible for allocating students to individual placements, maintaining and monitoring information available to students and ensuring all quality processes are met.