Corporate Governance policies
The Board of Governors is responsible for reviewing and approving the Corporate Governance Policy Framework and delegating authority for approval of individual Policies, in accordance with the University’s governing instruments and the CUC Code of Higher Education Governance. The Corporate Governance Policy Framework was adopted by the Board of Governors in March 2018.
The University is committed to the highest ethics standards and conduct in all its activities. All policies with the Corporate Governance Policy Framework shall promote the Nolan principles for public life adopted by the Board: Selflessness, Integrity, Objectivity Accountability, Openness, Honesty and Leadership. The Policy Owners have specific responsibilities in ensuring that these principles are reflected in each Policy and in their implementation
The following Policies sit within the Framework:
With the exception of the Schedule of Delegation, each of the documents shall be reviewed by the Policy Owner on an annual basis and reviewed formally by the Approving Body every three years. The formal review date shall be brought forward in the event of one or more of the following changes:
- a change in the risk assessment of the related area of activity identified through either executive management, risk management or project management arrangements;
- a change in the law or regulatory requirements;
- a change identified as a result of audit, either by the University’s Auditors or a third party;
- a change identified as a result of an Equality Impact Assessment;
- an ethical question has been raised related to the Policy;
- a request made by the Board of Governors or the Approving Body.
The Schedule of Delegation shall be received and approved formally by the Board on at least an annual basis.