School of Education
Research Degree Students
Jerrel is a part-time PhD student in the School of Education at the University of Worcester.
Jerrel’s main research interest are race, social justice, diversity, inclusion, identity, cultural education, lived experience and leadership. He is conducting an interdisciplinary mix-methodological approach to autobiographical ethnographical and anthropological study of Black Students and Teachers of African and Caribbean heritage in Primary and Secondary Education. Jerrel is exploring themes of critical theory, culturally responsive teaching, educational psychology, character education and national education policy.
His supervisors are Professor Richard Woolley, Professor Stephen Parker and Dr Philip Woodward.
In addition to working towards his PhD Jerrel is the founding Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Creative Academies Network as well as being delegated to several local and national boards.
- Chair of Sandwell Cultural Education Partnership;
- Board Member of West Midland's Combined Authority Cultural Leadership Board;
- Advisor of Arts Council England’s Cultural Education Partnership Leadership Training Programme;
- Arts Committee Board Member of Sandwell and West Birmingham (NHS Trust) Midlands Metropolitan University Hospital;
- Trustee of Windsor Academy Trust;
- Trustee of DanceXchange;
- Lead Curator of Racial Inequalities in Education of Fair Education Alliance;
- Advisory Board Member of SIPS Music Education Hub;
- Board Member of Sandwell Cultural Leaders Group.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts;
- Member of the Institute of Directors.
- Young Educator of the Year 2013 (West Midlands);
- Princes Diana Memorial Award for recognition of his contribution towards the local community through the arts & education and overcoming adversity.
MA Performance: Dance, 2011, University of Chichester
BA (Hons) Dance and Media Production, 2009, University of Chichester