University of Worcester Director of Strength and Conditioning
Professional and Technical Support Staff
tel: 01905 543340
Marc is a hardworking and personable individual, fortunate to have enjoyed a lifelong, passionate commitment to sport. Marc has performed to elite level in two sports since his teenage years and subsequently acts as a positive role model when undertaking strength and conditioning coaching with high performance athletes. The year 2018 completed 39 years working and competing in English sport, yet Marc cannot help but think the best is yet to come!
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science, University of Worcester
- UKSCA Accredited Member
- NVQ CYQ Level 3 assessors qualification (REPs)
- British Olympic Weightlifting NVQ 1 and 2 ins. (REPs)
- Award in Education and Training NVQ Level 3 (REPs)
- YMCA Fitness Instructor Tutor Assessor
- ISAK (International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry) Level 2
- FIA Kettlebell instructor Level 2 (REPs)
- WABBA Tutor Assessor
- Cytec Cycle Technician
- London and County Society of Physiologists
- St. Bartholomew Hospital London, Diploma in Nutritional Medicine
- Northern Institute of Massage Sport and Remedial Massage Certificate
- BAWA, NABBA and WABBA Snr Ins.
Marc has worked in local government, the health sector and voluntary and commercial sector sport. Through the 90s/00s Marc proudly built and sold a chain of fitness clubs under the brand One on One Fitness Ltd, which gained the ISO 9002, Quality Assurance Accreditation (the first private club in the country to gain the kite mark). In addition, Personal Training has formed a career long strand in his applied industry practice.
Scope of Role at the University
Marc is responsible for strength and conditioning (S&C) provision for all performance teams, scholarship athletes, Worcester Wolves Basketball BBL squad and Severn Stars Netball VNSL squad. He leads delivery support for academic lectures with practical sessions and is the lead S&C coach for the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS), and coaches S&C for various EIS athletes. Marc launched the University of Worcester Train the Trainer scheme in 2012, and regularly tutors fitness instruction courses/workshops at the University, and externally for NGBs.
In addition to the above, Marc manages the S&C Suite (staff and programming), schedules numerous work based placements for undergraduate to postgraduate students; delivers CPD to S&C coaches and fitness staff; offers strategic advice on S&C facility developments and advises on all aspects of S&C and fitness within the University of Worcester Senior Active Ageing Programme.