Barber, L. and Breeze, N. (2015) HND degree ‘top-up’ students’ perceptions of their experience at the University of Worcester: how can future students’ experiences be improved? Worcester Journal of Learning and Teaching, Issue 10, 41 – 45.
Roberts, C.-M. and Barber, L. (2015) Enhancing student learning experiences in sport psychology modules using practical activities. Worcester Journal of Learning and Teaching, Issue 10, 53 – 57.
Whitehouse, K., Barber, L. and Jones, V. (2015) Developing and maintaining an effective learning environment in Capel, S. and Whitehead, M. (eds) Learning to Teach Physical Education in the Secondary School, 4th edition. Abingdon, Routledge
Jones, V. and Barber, L. (2014) Applying theories of Learning to your practice in Capel, S. A. and Breckon. P. (eds) A Practical Guide to Teaching Physical Education in the Secondary School. (2nd edition). Abingdon, Routledge, pp. 129-134.
Gee, M., Corke, H. and Barber, L. (2012) Islands of excellence...in conjunction with huge oceans of poor practice: An exploration of the use of contemporary technology in Physical Education teaching, Physical Education Matters, Autumn, Vol.7 No.3 pg 51.
Bowen-Jones, W., Barber, L. and Breeze. N. (2011) Evidence informed quality improvement programme (equip): student progression and achievement. EDULEARN11 Proceedings CD (ISBN: 978-84-615-0441-1), Published by International Association of Technology, Education and Development (IATED).
Barber, L. and Breeze, N. (2011) ‘Enhancing student achievement and progression’ http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/resources/detail/retention/ret_examples_22_Worcester3
Barber, L. (2010) To what extent do primary trainee teachers feel prepared to teach physical education? Physical Education Matters, Association for Physical Education, Autumn Vol.5 No.3.
Bowen-Jones, W., Barber, L. and Martin, L. (2009) Evolution of a Peer-Learning Scheme. In SEDA Paper 124 Beyond the Peer Observation of Teaching edited by D. Gosling and K. Mason O’Connor.
Conference Presentations (from 2011) ·
- Creating a virtual Centre for Student Progression and Academic Achievement, 7th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, EDULEARN, July, 2015.
- Student Reflections about how Universities support High Level Student Achievement, University of Worcester Learning and Teaching Conference, June, 2015. ·
- The Socialisation of Physical Education Student Teachers, Association of Physical Education Annual Conference, Staffordshire, June, 2015.
- School Sports Premium – will it make a difference? 9th FIEP European Congress, Sofia, October, 2014. ·
- How do Graduates Achieve their Academic Potential? University of Worcester Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Annual Conference, June, 2014.
- How do Graduates Achieve their Academic Potential? Conference Presentation at the International Association for Technology, Education and Development (IATED) 6th International Annual Conference, November, 2013. ·
- Pre-registration interviews: why bother? 6th International Technology, Education and Development Conference, Valencia, March, 2012. ·
- Recruitment and Retention - The Role of the Interview. Higher Education Academy - What works? Student Retention and Success Conference, York, March, 2012. ·
- Islands of excellence...in conjunction with huge oceans of poor practice: An exploration of the use of contemporary technology in Physical Education teaching. Association for Physical Education Annual Conference, Oxford, July, 2012. ·
- An Evaluation of the Undergraduate Recruitment Process. 5th Higher Education Institutional Research Conference, University of Liverpool, July, 2012. ·
- Evidence informed quality improvement programme (equip): student progression and achievement. EDULEARN 3rd International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, Barcelona, July, 2011. ·
- Student Progression and Achievement. Supporting Student Learning, 10th Annual Learning and Teaching Conference, University of Worcester, June, 2011.