Senior Lecturer in Secondary Education: Business with Economics. School Direct QA Lead
Institute of Education
Secondary and Post Compulsory Education
Yvonne is the PGCE Secondary Subject Leader for PGCE Business with Economics and PGCE Business. She also works as the School Direct Quality Assurance Lead and is an Academic Integrity Tutor.
Prior to joining the university in 2013, Yvonne taught in schools and colleges in Sussex before spending 15 years teaching Business, Economics and ICT in a Worcestershire secondary school. During this time, she held a range of posts – Professional mentor, Subject Mentor, Head of Business, Economics and Accounting including line management of the ICT Department, SENCO, Designated Safeguarding Lead, Work Related Learning and Work Experience Co-ordinator and Young Enterprise Centre Lead.
Yvonne has also spent 20 years working in a variety of senior roles in examining, moderating, training and qualification development for a range of GCSE, A Level and vocational qualifications for a national awarding body. She is currently an external examiner for PGCE courses at two universities and is a Fellow of the HEA.
Yvonne is the Link Tutor for Diploma in Education and Training which is delivered at a partner college. She has run many TeachMeets, both in university and in partnership with schools which have enabled trainees and experienced teachers the opportunity to share their excellent practice in teaching and learning.
Through delivering new mentor training and mentor briefings Yvonne discusses new developments on the PGCE course such as using PebblePad for compiling electronic portfolios, developing target setting and the best practice arising from quality assuring the professional studies in school programmes run for trainees on placement in partnership schools.
- Fellow of the HEA
- MA Education
- Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- Post Graduate Certificate in School Improvement
- National College Leadership Pathways
- BA (Hons) Business Education with ICT (QTS)
Learn Upon Training completed
- Safer Recruitment
- Introduction to the Prevent Duty as it affects Higher Education
- Safeguarding Essentials
Teaching & Research
- Business with Economics
- Professional Studies
- Mentor knowledge and mentoring
- Economics and Business Education Association (EBEA)
- Chartered College of Teaching
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- 2020 – 2024 External Examiner for University of Sunderland
- 2018 – 2022 External Examiner for UCL Institute of Education
- 2017 – 2018 External Examiner for Middlesex University
- 2015 – 2019 External Examiner for University of Wales Trinity St David
- 1998 – 2018 Senior Examiner for a national awarding body