Senior Lecturer in Secondary Education & Course Tutor for the PGCE Secondary in Physical Education
Secondary and Post Compulsory Education
tel: 01905 855466
Kim completed her degree and PGCE at the University of Worcester. She was appointed as a Lecturer in Secondary Physical Education (PE) in 2015 after gaining 8 years of valuable practice in a large comprehensive high school. During her time in school she acquired a vast breadth of experience that has enabled her to prepare, support and inspire future teachers. As well as being innovative in her approach to teaching PE, she fulfilled roles including; senior sixth form tutor, leader of gifted and talented policy and whole-school activities co-ordinator. While in school she thrived in the role of subject mentor in partnership with the University of Worcester. She was invited to be part of the recruitment process in University and asked to host sessions in school for the PGCE secondary PE cohorts.
After a successful start in her career as a teacher educator Kim was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2016, this was quickly followed by the role of Subject Lead for the PGCE Secondary in PE. Her vision is that trainees graduate prepared and with a mind-set that allows for a long, happy and healthy career. Her focus is on the empowerment of trainees through self-awareness, subject knowledge and the promotion of supportive and friendly mentoring in schools so that trainees have the confidence to take conscientious action.
In 2018 Kim was made the coordinator of the Professional Studies Programme for all PGCE Secondary trainees. She believes this is an opportunity to further equip trainees with control over their beliefs and actions as they enter a profession which is impacted by many external pressures, opposing opinions and moral dilemmas.
- MA in Education - University of Worcester (currently studying)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education – University of Worcester (2017)
- PGCE in Secondary PE – University of Worcester (2007)
- BA Hons in Physical Education – University of Worcester (2006)
Teaching & Research
- Physical Education; subject knowledge, planning, assessment and inclusion in core and examination PE
- Professional studies; the teaching profession (identity & responsibilities), education & school culture (aims & different opinions), diversity (in schools & wider society)
- Character education
- Social Psychology of Education
- Teacher recruitment, attrition and retent
Association for Physical Education
Chartered College of Teaching
University and College Union