Senior Lecturer (Teaching) in Physical Education
tel: 01905 855450
Karen started at the University of Worcester in September 2016, after 9 ½ years working for The Youth Sport Trust as a Programme Manager for PE, where she led on developing and delivering resources, professional learning and materials to support both primary and secondary teachers of PE.
Prior to that Karen taught PE for 9 years in a number of high schools across Worcestershire and was a member of the Worcestershire Local Delivery Agency for PE, which involved delivering and developing professional learning opportunities for primary teachers.
- PG Certificate in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education, University of Worcester (2018)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- PGCE in Physical Education,Liverpool John Moores University (1998)
- BSc (Hons) in Movement Science and PE, University of Liverpool (1997)
- Gymnastics Coach (artistic) Level 2
- Trampolining Coach Level 1
- Hockey Coach Level 1
- Netball Coach Level 1
Teaching & Research
Karen's current modules are:
- HCPE 1006 Sport in the UK
- SPRT 1030 Introduction to PE
- SPRT 1031 Scientific Principles of Movement in Teaching
- SPRT 1009 Dance and Gymnastics
- SPRT 2040 Teaching and Learning in PE
- SPRT 2053 Sport Business Professional Placement
Karen is a Parent Governor at Pinvin Federation of Schools and is on the committee at Pinvin Pre School.