Lecturer and Course Leader for BA (Hons) SENDI
Education and Inclusion
tel: 01905 855053
Jo has worked at the University since 2014. She also owns a local children's day nursery and was in Primary Education for 15 years, with responsibility for SEND for the last 7 years.
Currently, Jo is the Course leader for the BA (Hons) Special Educational Needs Disability and Inclusion.
Jo teaches across Education Studies, SENDI, FDLS and MA in Education and is passionate about Inclusive Education and has a variety of experience and anecdotes to share. She believes in lifelong learning and value the contributions all students make to our group discussions and activities
- MA Special and Inclusive Education
- PGCE Primary
- Currently undertaking PGCLTHE
Teaching & Research
- Special Educational Needs, Disability and Inclusion
- Early Years Education
- The role of the Adult in supporting education
- Multi-Agency Working
- Creative curriculum
- In the Moment Planning (EYFS)
- The Learning Environment
- The role of the SENCo in Multiagency Teams
- Student identity (HE)
- External Assessor at Canterbury Christchurch University.
- Owner of 'Little Squirrels @ Shrawley' Day Nursery