Lecturer and Course Leader for BA (Hons) SENDI
Education and Inclusion
tel: 01905 855053
Jo has worked at the University since 2014. She also owns a local children's day nursery and was in Primary Education for 15 years, with responsibility for Inclusion for the last 7 years.
Jo is the Course leader for the BA (Hons) Special Educational Needs Disability and Inclusion and teaches across Education Studies, SENDI, FDLS and MA in Education.
Jo is passionate about Inclusive Education and has a variety of experience and anecdotes to share. She believes in lifelong learning and values the contributions all students make to group discussions and activities.
- MA Special and Inclusive Education
- PGCE Primary
- Currently undertaking PhD
Teaching & Research
- Special Educational Needs, Disability and Inclusion
- Early Years Education
- The role of the Adult in supporting education
- Multi-Agency Working
- Creative curriculum
- In the Moment Planning (EYFS)
- The Learning Environment
- The role of the SENCo in Multiagency Teams
- Student identity (HE)
Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- External Assessor at Wrexham University
- Owner of 'Little Squirrels @ Shrawley' Day Nursery