Applications to start teacher training in September are now open, so check our step-by-step guide to applying.
If you’re already prepared and ready to start your application, go directly to UCAS Teacher Training. For tailored advice and information about a career in teaching and help with applying, register with us.
Step one: prepare to apply
Before you apply through UCAS Teacher Training, you should:
- Take a look at our course pages from Primary Initial Teacher Education or PGCE
- Arrange school experience – classroom experience can help you to decide whether teaching is right for you - it could also strengthen your application. If you need help finding a placement, get in touch with us via email@example.com.
- Look into the funding that is available. With or without a scholarship, you could receive a fee loan and maintenance loan to help fund your teacher training. Generous, tax-free funding is available to the best graduates in a range of subjects. Find out more from the Department for Education
- Register with us for help and support throughout the application process and check out our upcoming events. You’ll receive one-to-one advice on every aspect of applying to teach at our events. We also host regular webinars and Facebook Live sessions. If you register with us, you’ll receive automatic notifications about upcoming sessions
Step two: apply to teach
When you apply for teacher training through UCAS Teacher Training, you’ll need to:
- Write a personal statement for your application. Our videos on making a teaching application and personal statements will help you with this.
- Arrange your two references needed for your application
- Pass the mandatory professional skills tests in numeracy and literacy. The key to passing the tests is plenty of preparation and practice- our skills test support can help you with both.
Step three: progress your application
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an interview with us.
- If you are offered a place, you will need to complete a DBS (a background, safety check) and a simple, online Health check. We’ll give you plenty of advice during the application process, so you’ll know exactly what you need to do
Find out more about studying at Worcester