School Leadership and Strategy Lead
Institute of Education
tel: 07780 227949
Shaun has led in 5 start-up schools in England and India. He was a Senior Leader in a successful, large inner-city school in Liverpool and was the founding Principal (and latterly Executive Principal) of The Studio, Liverpool from its inception in 2013 to 2019. Ofsted rated the Studio’s personal development as outstanding and noted their success in turning around the lives of young people. In 2019 Shaun returned to international sixth form college, UWC Atlantic, as Director of Curriculum Innovation, pioneering their Changemaker curriculum.
Shaun continues to work at a system level with the Edge Foundation and international NGO, Ashoka, developing an ecosystem to help schools respond and meet the needs of young people in a rapidly changing world. He has developed the New Capabilities for a New World Programme which is supporting Principals and system leaders in Greater Manchester to develop their leadership and strategy to enable young people gain fair access to the economic opportunities in their region.
- MA Education
- Cert. TESLA
- BA (Hons.)
Teaching & Research
Supporting schools through:
- Educational leadership, change and innovation
- Systems leadership
- Curriculum development
- Youth Co-leadership
- Ecoliteracy and education for sustainable development
- Leadership as praxis
- Human development and capabilities approaches to education
- Social capital and social mobility
- Transformational and transformative leadership
- Global Learning, Ecoliteracy and Education for Sustainable Development
- Edge Associate
- Ashoka CoLeader
- Impact Trust Faculty
- Hon Research Fellow Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Manchester
Its Time To Get Practical About Social Capital, FE News 19.11.22. Available here.
Futurum Magazine Issue 15. Focus on New Capabilities for a New World. Available here.
- Ashoka Change Leader
- University of Manchester Hon. Research Fellow
- Edge Foundation Collaborator
- Impact Trust Guest Faculty