Outdoor Activity Sport and Exercise Supervisor
School of Sport and Exercise Science
Professional and Technical Support Staff
tel: 01905 543040 ext 3048
Sam graduated from the University of Worcester with a BSc (Hons) in Physical Education and Sports Coaching Science in 2015. Following this, she went on to complete her Teacher Training in Primary, graduating from West Midlands Consortium in 2016. Since graduating, Sam has then worked as a Primary PE Teacher but recently wanted a career change having had her first child.
Due to her background, she has a particular interest in working with younger children, to offer them opportunities and experiences that they can take forward in their lives. She is a keen camper, and loves encouraging others to lead healthy active lifestyles, as she tries to herself. She is a mother to a young boy and thoroughly loves being a mum and getting him out on her SUP.
- PGCE (Primary General), West Midlands Consortium (2016)
- First Class in Physical Education and Sports Coaching Science (BSc), University of Worcester University (2015)
- Associate Fellowship at University of Worcester (2022)
- Level 3 Designated Safeguard Lead Training
- Paddlesports Instructor
- British Canoeing SUP Coach
- Open Water Lifeguard
- Level 3 Outdoor First Aid
- Level 3 Pool Plant Operations
- Archery GB Instructor Award
- Level 2 Exercise to Music Instructor
- Level 2 Leading Health Related Exercise
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 2 Swimming Teacher FULL
- Level 2 Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Level 3 Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Cycling
Scope of Role at the University
Sam is one of the first points of contact for academic, student and community groups wishing to use Lakeside Campus or outdoor sports facilities. Sam works closely with the Outdoor Activity, Sports and Exercise Manager and other supervisors to ensure all outdoor sports facilities are maintained to the highest standards as well as ensuring all student staff are delivering activities at a high standard. Her role includes school and community group engagement, with a particular focus on Learning Outside the Classroom (LOTC) to engage more schools in relating the National Curriculum to Outdoor Education, as well as visiting group feedback.
- Lakeside Campus Outdoor Sports Supervisor
- Designated Safeguard Lead for Lakeside Campus
- Manages/Organises Holiday Club/HAF
- Purchase Orders
- Academic Curriculum mapping
- Introducing a new Schools Programme
From a young age, Sam has worked across numerous sports settings, delivering a range of sports and activities for children aged between 3-18. With this, she then decided to continue her love for sport by completing her degree at the University of Worcester. Sam’s love for teaching and helping others lead her to gain her PGCE Primary Teaching qualification. Since 2016, Sam went on to work in a Primary School delivering PE and swimming to all ages. Having achieved everything, she could in this sector, a career change was decided, where Sam then supply taught in local Primary and Secondary schools. Sam is now well into her Outdoor career since starting at Lakeside in 2021 and is thoroughly enjoying it.