Department of Apprenticeships & CPD
tel: 01905 542960
Linda Bale is interested and passionate about undergraduate nursing, teaching and learning with the application of theory to clinical practice. She is student focused, interested in widening participation and is committed to supporting students and apprentices reach their full potential.
She has worked as a registered nurse in a wide range of clinical settings, predominately within general medicine. In addition, Linda has worked as a research sister for Cancer Research UK.
She has been in Higher Education for the last 7 years, supporting programmes and leading modules across a range of undergraduate programmes. Since 2020 Linda has taken on the course lead role for the Foundation Nursing Associate programme which offers an apprentice entry route for employees of the local health and care environment.
- Registered General Nurse (RGN). NMC revalidation due 2020
- Masters Education (MEd)
- BSc Hons (Health studies)
- Post Graduate Teaching Certificate (PGCert)
Teaching & Research
- Adult Nursing – nursing theory, practice, professional values & academic skills
- Dementia care
- Clinical Skills
- Higher Education for Dementia Network member (HEDN)
- Academic clinical link for Trainee Nursing Associates (apprentice)
- MYNEE Nursing Associate Network meeting - celebrating Nursing Associate Community of Practice
- Nursing Midwifery Council
- FHEA Fellow
- Royal College of Nursing
Environmental risk factors for relapse of melanoma.
Beswick S, Affleck P, Elliott F, Gerry E, Boon A, Bale L, Nolan C, Barrett JH, Bertram C, Marsden J, Bishop DT, Newton-Bishop JA. Eur J Cancer. 2008 Aug; 44(12):1717-25
Nursing students' experiences of delivering dementia friends sessions to peers.
Bale L, Jenkins C.Nurs Older People. 2018 Sep 25;30(6):32-37. doi: 10.7748/nop.2018.e1046. Epub 2018 Aug 16