Senior Lecturer (Teaching) Sport Development/Sport Business; School Learning and Teaching Coordinator
tel: 01905 542069
Debra has been employed in the education sector since 1998, working at a partner FE college (Stourbridge College). During this time she had various roles within the sports department, both leading and teaching on a range of sport related HE and FE programmes. Debra held positions as a Programme Area Manager for Sport and Quality Development Manager and latter, a Teaching and Learning Coach, where she assisted others to raise the standards of teaching and learning across the college. Debra was previously the Course Leader for HND Sports Coaching, a collaborative course with University of Worcester and has taught several sport business modules for Fd Football Business Management and Coaching.
- MSc Physical Activity, Exercise and Health Practice, University of Gloucestershire (2017)
- PG Cert Educational Management and Leadership, University of Worcester (2005)
- Certificate of Education, University of Central England (2002)
- BA Business with Sports Studies, University of Northampton (1998)
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Leadership in Running Fitness (LiRF)
Teaching & Research
Debra's teaching interests range from sports strategy, through to operational level of fundraising and sponsorship, operational management and events. Debra also has an interest in the management and development of physical activity.
- Learning and Teaching
- Transitions to university
- Currently in collaboration developing a new course for Sport and the Community.
Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA)