Senior Lecturer (Teaching) Sport Development/Sport Business; School Learning and Teaching Coordinator
School of Sport and Exercise Science
tel: 01905 542069
Debra has been employed in the education sector since 1998, working at a partner FE college. During this time she had various roles within the sports department, both leading and teaching on a range of sport related HE and FE programmes. Debra held positions as a Programme Area Manager for Sport and Quality Development Manager and latter, a Teaching and Learning Coach, where she assisted others to raise the standards of teaching and learning across the college. Debra was previously the Course Leader for HND Sports Coaching, a collaborative course with University of Worcester and has taught several sport business modules for FdSc Football Business Management and Coaching.
- MSc Physical Activity, Exercise and Health Practice, University of Gloucestershire (2017)
- PG Cert Educational Management and Leadership, University of Worcester (2005)
- Certificate of Education, University of Central England (2002)
- BA Business with Sports Studies, University of Northampton (1998)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Leadership in Running Fitness (LiRF)
Teaching & Research
Debra's teaching interests range from
- Sports Strategy
- Fundraising and Sponsorship
- Operational Management and Sport Development
- Sport Events
- Physical Activity and Exercise
- Learning and Teaching and the student experience.
- Transitions to university.
- Physical activity and exercise through the life course.