School of Psychology
Research Degree Students
Carol is a part-time PhD student in the School of Psychology at the University of Worcester.
The title of Carol’s PhD study is Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) for Debilitative Performance Anxiety in Professional/Amateur Cyclists: A multiple baseline across subject’s study.
The study will be the first to explore debilitative performance anxiety and the effectiveness of EMDR Therapy in Professional/Amateur Cyclists. The research design will study treatment effects across multiple participants. Carol’s supervisors are Dr Helen Nicholas and Dr Derek Farrell.
In addition to working towards her PhD, Carol works as a Psychological Trauma Specialist for the Perinatal Mental Health Team at Arrowe Park Hospital, Wirral. Carol also works as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist & EMDR Supervisor for Greater Manchester Mental Health Foundation Trust.
- Enrolled Nurse (SEN Adult Nursing)
- Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- BSc (Hons) Health Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Specialist Practitioner Community Nursing (Occupational Health Nursing)
- PG Cert in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- PG Cert- The Practice of EMDR in the Management of Psychological Trauma (EMDR Parts 1-4 Accredited Training)
- PG Cert in Compassion Focused Therapy
- PG Dip Cognitive & Behaviour Therapy: CBT Pathway
- PG Cert in Clinical Supervision (High Intensity)
- MSc EMDR Therapy
- BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
- EMDR Accredited Consultant/Supervisor