Women's Rugby Lead Coach
School of Sport and Exercise Science
Professional and Technical Support Staff
Alex is passionate about creating memorable, enjoyable learning experiences for all student athletes in the rugby programme. His range of experience means that he is able to cater to individual needs with great empathy and understanding. Players have described Alex as “professional”, “knowledgeable”, “supportive” and “open minded” during his last three successful seasons with the team.
You can be sure that Alex will coach the person, before the player, support the individual, as well as the team, and inspire confidence that enables high quality performance. If you have any questions or would like to speak with Alex about the women’s rugby team, please get in touch.
- Masters by Research (MRes) in Socio-Cultural Studies of Sport and Exercise, University of Worcester
- BSc, Sports Studies (Hons), University of Worcester
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training, Kidderminster College
- Extended Level 3 Diploma in Sports Development, Coaching and Fitness, Stourbridge College
- England Rugby Advanced Coaching Award
- England Rugby Mentoring Award
- England Rugby Refereeing Award
- Coach Clean, UKAD & UK Coaching
- Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity, MIND
- Level 2 First Aid for Sport, Stourbridge College
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work, RFU
Scope of Role at University
Plan and deliver rugby training, match day preparation, performance analysis and monitor strength and conditioning progress of athletes.
Manage scholarship athletes in partnership with Worcester Warriors Women, Worcester RFC and players in international settings or elite pathways.
Manage the women’s rugby programme through season planning, individual development plans, team profiling and collaboration with the Head of Rugby and Assistant Coaches.
Currently, Alex works full time as a Coach Developer for England Rugby to support the training, education and mentoring of rugby coaches throughout the Midlands. Alex’s work exposes him to different learning environments. He coaches at different ages and stages of development, as well as continually improving his own craft through critical reflection and staying up to date with best practice in the field.
Previously, Alex has also worked as an Associate Lecturer here at the University of Worcester and the University of Gloucestershire, delivering on modules such as; Research Methods, Study Skills, Contemporary Issues in Sport, Sport, Health and Social Issues, and Professional Placement.
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Community Rugby Coach, Worcester Warriors
- Developing Player Pathway, Worcester Warriors
- Sports Science Lecturer, Kidderminster College
- England Rugby Community Rugby Coach
- Associate Lecturer at University of Worcester and University of Gloucestershire
- England Rugby Coach Developer