Information for placement link staff at the University

Guidance for University staff who are supporting specific placement areas across the Three Counties School of Nursing and Midwifery and the School of Allied Health and Community.

This page is for university staff who work with students on placement and with our placement colleagues in some capacity.  For example, zoned academics, link tutors, university practice educators, academic assessors etc.

Student placement allocations are accessed through the ARC PEP (Practice Environment Profile) tool. Your PEP username is your University email address.

Help and support  

Details on how to access PEP and view allocations are below.  More instruction manuals will be added over the next year.

Request PEP access 

If you need access please contact the Placement Support Team – Nursing, Midwifery, and Allied Health stating your role, the course name, and the name of the placement areas you support.

Requests for student information, submission of EU directive forms should be emailed to our team address at

 ARC Audit Tool

The Learning Environment Profiles completed for each nursing and nursing associate placement area has now been replaced by the new ARC Audit Tool.  All future audits will now take place via the audit tool and full instructions are included on this web page.  Midwifery will follow in early 2022.  Editing access to the audit tool is by specific permissions only.  The audit tool can be accessed here:       

ARC Audit Tool. Viewing and Completing a Placement Audit (Nursing, Nursing Associate, and Midwifery programmes)

How to View a Placement Audit on ARC Audit Tool (Video)

Completing a Placement Audit on ARC Audit Tool (Video)

How to Mark an Action Plan as Complete on ARC PEP (Video)