Green Impact Awards
The Green Impact awards bring together students and staff in green campuses, curriculums and communities.
Innovation for Engagement Award – Climate Emergency Education
Student Leadership Award – Megan Asbury
Environmental Hero Award – Lucy Robson
All winners will be entered into SOS-UK’s National Special Awards which are announced later in the year
Move The World
Designed an educational campaign for KS1 children to:
- Encourage 15 minutes of daily activity
- Educate them on sustainability & the 17 SDGs
- Promote sustainable behaviour and physical wellbeing.
The project was showcased at an online Earth Day event with Malvern Town Council and pilot schemes are now being planned to incorporate the campaign into the curriculum of schools.
Climate Emergency Education
- Developed an educators assembly & researched into climate education at secondary level
- Raised awareness of hedgehog conservation & created hedgehog highways, escape routes & habitats
- Developed a schedule of sustainable activities to teach children about SDGs
Chartwells Compass Group
- Planned the ‘One Planet Plate’ project to launch in outlets in September, helping consumers choose low carbon meals
Worcester Business School
- Created posts to educate students on ways to commute sustainably and reduce CO2
School of Sport & Exercise Science Placements team
- Greatly reduced paper & stationary waste by moving all placements forms online
- Researched ways to improve efficiency & sustainability of cleaning through piloting new equipment, which will reduce waste & water use.
Allotments Grounds Team
- Installed bird boxes with camera kits to provide students with live footage of wildlife Human Resources Team
- Organised a campaign & created resources to encourage staff to take breaks
Institute of Health & Society Foundation degrees
- Supported 13 students to carry out placement projects on SDGs & mental health & wellbeing
Student Union Teams
- Created ‘Hazaar’ – a zero waste online swap shop for students to swap clothes, & other items – which has so far engaged over 140 students
Staff Mental Health Network Team
- Created an online space for the Staff Mental Health Network & connected over 50 staff during the pandemic, helping to improve wellbeing