The HealthHub Clinic
The HealthHub clinic is a student-led clinic which offers a great value of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy sessions to the public. Students are supervised by University of Worcester professionally qualified and registered staff.
Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function following illness, injury or disability.
Taking a holistic approach, a physiotherapist may use:
- Education and advice to improve well-being and decrease the risk of injury and pain, and to improve functional activities;
- Tailored exercise programmes designed individually to address any specific issues identified in the assessment;
- Manual therapy whereby the physiotherapist uses their hands to help relieve pain and stiffness, and to encourage better movement through massage, manipulation and facilitation.
- Soft tissue techniques (massage) which is a great way to relax and a valuable tool to aid recovery and enhance activity.
The clinic offers physiotherapy assessment, treatment and exercise prescription for a variety of conditions, undertaken by supervised student physiotherapists including:
- Back pain, sports injury, arthritis or other general musculoskeletal problems;
- Long-term neurological conditions, including the management of stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and spinal cord injury;
- Management of other long-term conditions such as chronic fatigue and cardio-respiratory disorders, including long covid.
To book an appointment please email us at: email@example.com. Please note that the clinic will be paused throughout December 2022 and will reopen in January 2023.
Occupational Therapy clinics are run by students supervised by registered and qualified occupational therapists.
Occupational Therapists are able to support people to find ways of improving wellbeing. Occupational Therapy provides practical support to enable people to facilitate recovery and overcome any barriers that prevent them from doing the activities (occupations) that matter to them. This helps to increase people's independence and satisfaction in all aspects of life. The clinics offer:
Occupational Therapy-based screening, which aims to introduce how occupational therapy might help a person.
Occupational Therapy to improve general health and wellbeing.
Advice on different resources, opportunities and approaches tailored to an individual to help improve understanding of health and wellbeing strategies and options is available.
To book an appointment please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org