Thousands of students obtain a place at university each year through the clearing process. It's your chance to find the right course and university for you, to start this September.
Who can apply in clearing?
There are lots of reasons why you may apply through clearing. You might have decided to change your subject or career path. Perhaps your exams don't go to plan. No matter what your situation clearing can open up exciting opportunities.
You can use clearing if you:
- change your mind about your current course choices
- didn't get the exam results you were hoping for
- want to go to university but didn't apply before 30 June
- got better exam results than you expected
- are not holding any offers from universities or colleges you've applied to (or you've declined all your offers)
It's worth remembering that you'll automatically be entered into UCAS clearing if you do not receive an offer from either your conditional firm or your conditional insurance choices.
When does clearing start and end?
Clearing officially starts in July and ends in September when many of the courses are full. However, for many students clearing centres around A-level results day on 15 August 2019.
Clearing at Worcester
Here's our step-by-step guide to clearing
- Don’t Panic! Our staff are prepared, friendly and ready to answer your questions. We will help you as much as we can. Although it might be tempting to ask a parent or guardian to call us we do need to speak to you personally on the phone as there will be questions we need you to answer. Our clearing hotline number is 01905 855111.
- We will publish a list of courses which still have places available. Research possible courses ahead of time that you might wish to apply for and put them in priority order. You can always ring us to ask questions before results day. Entry requirements for courses may vary so have your UCAS information ready when you call.
- Regularly check UCAS track. If you become eligible to use clearing an “Add clearing choice” option will appear on your Track Choices Screen. You can also check this option with any of your choices directly.
- If you do not get a place at your firm choice for university you might want to be released from your insurance choice because you want to go into clearing. If this is the case, secure a verbal offer from us through clearing before contacting your insurance university and asking to be released from your offer. You can only add one clearance offer at a time to your UCAS track.
- At Worcester the clearing hotline opens at 6.30am on 15 August 2019.
When you call us on 01905 855111 please have to hand your grades, UCAS number and the course you'd like to study.
If you can’t get through to us immediately do keep trying. Although clearing can be very busy we are here to answer your calls and will speak to you as soon as possible.
- Once we have made you an offer, add the University of Worcester as an option on UCAS track.
- You then need to accept your offer from us on UCAS Track. Our offer may take a short time to appear. Our admissions team will update your status the same day you are made an offer.
- Visit us and apply for accommodation. We'll be holding applicant days after 15 August and there will be opportunities to visit us and get to know the campus before you arrive in September. Check our accommodation pages to find out more information about applying for accommodation and choosing the right home for you after applying to us through clearing.
We look forward to meeting you in September!
If you would like to read about the experiences of Jess, one of our students that came through the Clearing process, you can read her Student Blog Post.
We have places available on a range of courses. To secure your place for 2019 call us on 01905 855 111.