We draw together academics and students with an interest in transnational studies.
The International Studies Research Group brings together University of Worcester academics and students, as well as external scholars. Including researchers in the humanities and social sciences.
We encourage interdisciplinary and collaborative research in international studies and provide a forum for new and innovative research. The group is integral to the purpose and activities of the Institute of Humanities, in particular enriching undergraduate teaching and postgraduate research.
Research Group Leader
Dr Neil Fleming
- Provide a cooperative structure which facilitates and promotes innovative and distinctive research in international studies.
- Develop scholarship beyond traditional categories of analysis towards greater understanding of international, transnational and trans-cultural interactions and movements.
- Promote interdisciplinary and collaborative research in the humanities and social sciences.
- Liaise with scholarly and public bodies and promote research in international studies through public presentations and scholarly conferences and publications.
- Develop collaborative research activities at an international, national and local level.
- Enrich undergraduate teaching and postgraduate research.
- External collaboration
Members of the International Studies Research Group collaborate with external organisations in the region, nationally, and internationally.