Director of Netball
School of Sport and Exercise Science
Professional and Technical Support Staff
tel: 01905 542924
Louisa enjoys working with the talented student athletes, coaches and support staff, who are part of the University of Worcester netball programme (UWNetball). In her Director of Netball role, Louisa has developed a high-performance culture within the University teams, where every player is encouraged to learn, train and develop both on and off the court.
Louisa works with our University of Worcester Netball Super League franchise, Severn Stars to ensure effective alignment so that University of Worcester students get the best experience and opportunities that come with having a professional netball franchise and pathway on site.
- England Netball UKCC Level 3 Netball Coaching, December 2023
- UK Anti-Doping Clean Sport Advisor, November 2022
- UK Coaching Talent Coach Programme Sprint Block
- 1st4Sport Learning, Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity, January 2021
- MSc International Sports Management, University of Worcester, May 2020
- B Award Umpiring Netball South West, 2016
- BSc Secondary Science and Mathematics with Qualified Teacher Status, University of South Wales, June 2013
Scope of Role at the University
- Responsible for ensuring that the UWNetball 5 x BUCS Netball teams receive tailored strength and conditioning programmes, performance video analysis and sports therapy and massage support.
- Established the UWNetball performance culture across all teams and throughout coaching and support staff within the club.
- Organise umpires for all home games.
- Publicise all fixtures, results and training.
- Organise preseason and appropriate friendly opposition for all 5 teams.
- Organise Netball Budget and UWNetball equipment.
- Ensure that UWNetball Committee continues to function effectively for the club
- Attract UWNetball club sponsorship and look for opportunities to develop Coaching and Umpiring programme.
- Develop relationship with Worcester Netball Club and other external netball partnerships, including Coach Mentorship Programme.
- Work to recruit quality netball players to the University of Worcester with events such as netball workshops on Applicant / Interview / Open Days.
As current English Universities National Netball Squad Head Coach, Louisa is responsible for organising an appropriate schedule of competition, selecting the squad from national trials and preparing the team for fixtures against Scotland U21s, England U21s, Wales U21s and the Wales Senior Feathers Team. Despite a condensed training schedule, Louisa must ensure there is squad cohesion between athletes who come from educational institutions throughout England, and that there is a common understanding of lexicon, netball structures and tactics.
Louisa is successfully able to create a programme that challenges netball super league level players (NSL) players but at the same time does not overload schedules which already include full time study, part time work, NSL contracts, NPL commitments, BUCS games and premier league club netball.
Louisa has acted in numerous roles within the Severn Stars Netball franchise including; covering Franchise Manager Role, U17 NPL Head Coach, U15 School Games Head Coach, U21 & U19 NPL Assistant Coach, U17 NPL Team Manager.
Performance Netball Coach Millfield School, Somerset. U16A team were South West Regional Champions and finished 7th at Nationals.
Head Coach of Wales U21 National Netball Team for SPAR Challenge International Test Series against South Africa U21 and Head Coach of Junior Dragons Nationals Performance League 2015-16.
Head of Netball and Co-ordinator of Key Stage 4 and 5 Academic Physical Education and Teacher of Games and A Level Physical Education at New Hall School 2013-2015.
Assistant Coach of Wales U21 National Netball Team, achieving two Netball Europe U21 Silver Medals 2013-2015.
House Mistress at Gordonstoun International Summer School, Summer 2009-2016.