Lecturer PGCE Secondary Physical Education
Secondary and Post Compulsory Education
tel: 01905 855193
Charlotte Ross Physical Education Charlotte is a member of the PGCE secondary physical education tutor team. She spent over 16 years in secondary education, before moving into a career in ITTE in 2020. Her experience includes middle management roles in school as Head of Department, Head of Year and Lead Practitioner of Teaching and Learning.
Charlotte’s research interests include examining Physical Education and empowering learners through taught differentiation. She has written a case study for ‘Teach Well’ (2021) focusing on the Enhancement Activity (PSHE and Citizenship) that she leads for the secondary course.
Charlotte is working towards a Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education. Additionally, Charlotte teaches undergraduate physical education on the primary course.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (currently studying)
- Leading from the Middle – National College for School Leadership (2007)
- PGCE in Physical Education – Loughborough (2004)
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science (2003)
Teaching & Research
- Secondary Physical Education; examination Physical Education, empowering learners through taught differentiation.
- Primary Physical Education; the development of physical literacy.
- Secondary Professional Studies, PSHE and Citizenship.
- Examination PE.
- The interaction between teacher personality and teaching styles.
- The Chartered College of Teaching
- Association for Physical Education
- PSHE Association
TeachWell Case Study Enhancement Activity (PSHE and Citizenship) – submitted March 2021