Lecturer PGCE Secondary Physical Education
Secondary and Post Compulsory Education
tel: 01905 855193
Charlotte completed her degree at Carnegie and PGCE at Loughborough. Her teaching spans 16 years in a 11-18, large comprehensive school. The breadth of knowledge gained as Head of Year, Head of Department and Teaching and Learning Lead Practitioner has been invaluable as a subject mentor, ECT mentor and staff mentor in school. Through university partnerships, Charlotte has led sessional work in university in addition to serial practices and whole school PGCE training in school.
As the lead teacher for A Level Physical Education in school, Charlotte has taken a keen interest in developing the pedagogy of examination Physical Education on the PGCE.
In 2020, Charlotte was made Enhancement Activity Lead for PSHE and Citizenship. This has afforded her ample opportunities to explore and ‘question the given’ with trainee teachers of how to support learners within their school communities and beyond.
Charlotte’s philosophy of teaching is to create a safe, holistic and progressive learning environment for all. To achieve such a vision, Charlotte is committed to supporting trainee teachers in becoming reflective practitioners who can have a positive impact on students.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (2022)
- Leading from the Middle – National College for School Leadership (2007)
- PGCE in Physical Education – Loughborough (2004)
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science (2003)
Teaching & Research
- Secondary Physical Education; examination Physical Education, empowering learners through taught adaptive teaching.
- Primary Physical Education; the development of physical literacy.
- Secondary Professional Studies, PSHE and Citizenship.
- Examination PE.
- The interaction between teacher personality and teaching styles.
- The Chartered College of Teaching
- Association for Physical Education
- PSHE Association
TeachWell Case Study Enhancement Activity (PSHE and Citizenship) – submitted March 2021.
Tide and #UWPGSEC Played in England, made around the world: The origins of badminton through the Commonwealth, Kimberley Hibbert-Mayne, Charlotte Ross and Dave Woodward – 2022.
Presented at the UW Learning and Teaching Conference 2021 and 2022.