International and European Students

International and European Students


International Tuition Fees 2018/19

Undergraduate Courses per academic year £12,100
Postgraduate Courses – 12 month taught course £12,900
MBA £12,900
PhD Research Degree full-time £12,900


European Union Tuition Fees 2018/19

Undergraduate Courses per academic year £9,250
Postgraduate Courses – 12 months taught course £4,260
MBA (with exceptions) - one year £6,700
PhD Research Degree full-time £4,260


Full details available at:


Depending on your lifestyle you will need around £7,200 per year (about £800 per month) for accommodation and living expenses (excluding tuition fees).

Enquiries to:
International Recruitment Office
University of Worcester
Henwick Grove
WR2 6AJ                                                                                                                         





If you are a European national or the child of a European national, or lived in the EU for three years prior to starting your undergraduate studies, you may be eligible for a loan to pay your Tuition Fees, whether full or part-time, on a similar basis to UK students.

New EU Students

Can download an application pack at:

  • Use the form finder to get the forms you need.
  • Send in proof of identity, if needed.

  • You’ll get a letter confirming how much you’ll get, usually within 6 weeks.

Continuing EU Students

Will be sent the application forms.

Note: Students with EU status are NOT eligible for Maintenance Loans or Grants from Student Finance.

Student Finance Services European Team can be contacted at:

Student Finance Services Non UK Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
County Durham

Tel: 0141 243 3570 (between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday)
Tel (from outside UK): +44 (0)141 243 3570

Facebook     Twitter

Website: see the EU section of


Other Funding Available to EU Students

Information about other funding available can be found on the British Council website - click on link to left of this page.


Access to Learning Fund

Eligible EU students may also apply for financial help from the University’s Access to Learning Fund (note: a notional student income will be assumed in the assessment process of EU applications to the Access to Learning Fund).


EU Migrant Workers

EU students granted Migrant Worker Status are treated as Home Students by Student Finance England so are eligible for the same student finance as students from the UK.  As a general rule Migrant Worker Status students must have already been in the UK for reasons of employment before starting university, this is known as Primary Purpose Work. Work that is classed as marginal or ancillary will not lead to Migrant Worker Status.

Students should check with Student Finance England for details of eligibility. Students should note that they will lose this status if they stop work, other than for reasons of redundancy and Student Finance England will check that students are still in continuous employment before each of the three dates a year that student finance is paid. Where work undertaken before university is related to the course then it can be given up to start university without loss of Migrant Worker Status but students are advised to check details of status by contacting Student Finance England before making any changes to their employment. 




International students from outside the EU are NOT eligible for Tuition Fee Loans, Maintenance Loans, Maintenance Grants or the Access to Learning Fund, but should see the University's Scholarship options.

International Scholarship

International (Non-EU) students are eligible to receive tuition fee scholarships of up to £3,000 for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. Scholarships are automatically awarded to applicants based on their previous achievement, and range from £1,000 to £3,000. Essentially, the higher grades achieved in your previous study, the higher the value of scholarship for which you will be eligible.

Additionally, there are further scholarships available, as well as an Early Payment discount of £500 if fees are paid in full prior to the 30th September. Please see: for a full overview of all of the International scholarships available.

Student Visa

To obtain a student visa you will need to prove that you will be able to support yourself financially during the period of your studies in the UK.

Useful websites about finance for international students are:


Payment of Fees for International Students

If you are an International student from outside the EU at least half of your tuition fees must be paid in full before you arrive at the University of Worcester (UW). After payment of the deposit, the balance of the Tuition Fees should be paid on or before arrival at the University. An early payment discount of £500 applies if fees are paid in full prior to the 30th September.



Additional Information for International and EU Students 

Accommodation Fees for International and EU Students

You will be expected to pay £300 deposit before you arrive. This will be returned to you at the end of your stay providing no damage has occurred. You will receive an invoice for accommodation fees on arrival.

If you have chosen university managed accommodation, you will be asked to sign a binding contract for a set number of weeks.  However, we understand that you may not be happy with your choice and we offer a five day ‘cooling off period’.  This means that you can ask the Accommodation Office to release you from your contract during the first five days after your arrival.  If you leave your accommodation after the first five days you will be asked to pay your accommodation fees in full for the contracted weeks unless you can find another student who wants to take your room. You must not swap your room with another student without informing the Accommodation Office first.

Trust Funds

There are Educational Trust Funds and Grant Giving Charities that may help students from outside the UK.  See the Trust Funds page on this website for more information. 



If you are going to be in the UK for more than six months you should normally be allowed to open a free UK bank account. This is an account which allows you to put money in and take it out using a Debit Card. It will not normally allow you to have a Credit Card or an overdraft. You can choose which bank to use but look carefully at what they offer. Some banks will offer a more flexible account or a ‘student account’ but there may be a monthly charge for this account. They may offer you ‘free gifts’ but consider carefully the value of the gift in relation to the charge. The Post Office and some Building Societies also offer basic bank accounts.

To open a bank account in the UK you will need your passport (or national ID card if from an EU country) and a Student Status letter downloaded from your SOLE page/Money/

Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted in the UK and may be used instead of opening a bank account.

Part-time work for International and EU Students


If you are an EU student (with the exception of students from Croatia) you are eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.

Croatian Students

If you are a Croatian student you must apply for a yellow registration certificate if you want to work while you’re a student in the UK. You can only work for up to 20 hours a week in term-time, unless you’re training to do a specific job (a ‘vocational course’) and the course includes a work placement which is vital to your study.

You need:

  • to have private comprehensive health insurance or a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for yourself and any dependants with you in the UK
  • a letter from your UK college, university or other place of study with the name of your course and the start and end dates
  • proof that you’ve got enough money to support yourself - either bank statements or a letter from your sponsor or funder

See website for further details.


If you are from outside the European Economic Area and are entering the UK on a student visa, you may be eligible to obtain work for a limited number of hours per week while studying a full-time course. You may not work if your visa or passport-stamp states: ‘No Work’ or ‘Employment Prohibited’ etc unless it also contains the words ‘consent of the Secretary of State’. Contact the University’s International Experience Service if you have any student visa queries.

Students entering the UK to take short courses, or one semester exchanges, may be admitted to the UK as a student visitor rather than as a student. If you are a visa national it will not be possible for you to get the visa or stamp changed to permit working. Information about working in the UK can also be found on the UKCISA website - click on link to left of this page.


National Insurance (NI) number for International and EU Students

If you are able to work you will need an NI number. You should telephone 0345 600 0643 to arrange allocation of an NI number. You may be allocated a temporary number while your job application is being processed. To obtain an NI number you will need proof of ID (e.g. passport, birth certificate, student ID) and details of the job offer.