All rooms in Halls have a high-speed internet access point. Wireless access is also available at hotspots throughout the campus.
There are several coin-operated launderettes on the campus equipped with washers and dryers. You can download the Laundry View App to monitor your washing (Android and iPhone) (Select ‘City Campus’ as your university, and then you will be able to select the various launderettes from the drop-down menu.)
There is an on campus shop where you can buy most of the basics plus additional items such as stationery, University branded clothing and cards. This can be found on the St John’s Campus.
There are cash machines on campus, which do not charge a withdrawal fee. There are banks and cash machines situated in St John’s area of Worcester and the city centre.
The University offers catering at all sites.
The University Security Staff are here to help you. They are on site 24 hours every day and provide security across all University sites. They are based at Main Reception in the day and in the Security Office in the Worcester Halls in the evening.
Their principal role is to provide you with a safe and secure environment in which to live and study. If you need their services you can go to reception or the Halls Security Office, or telephone the main switchboard on 01905 855000 (just dial 0 on an internal telephone).
The University has excellent facilities supporting participation in sport, exercise and recreation as well as academic study pathways. Students wishing to use the exercise facilities pay a small membership fee.
- University of Worcester Arena - an indoor 2,000 seat/12 court sport venue, supported by a conference suite and break out rooms, media and catering facilities
- St John’s Sports Centre - a six-court sports hall, fully air conditioned fitness suite and gymnasium hall. Outdoor full size 3G AstroTurf and sand-filled AstroTurf
- Riverside Centre - 2 court hall, dance studios, 2 performance analysis suites
- McClelland Centre of Health and Wellbeing - exercise suite comprising free weight, cv and select-a-block equipment, and 6 clinician rooms in an adjoining therapy suite
- Sport laboratories and Motion Performance Centre - a suite of laboratories supporting the study of physiology, psychology and bio-mechanics
In addition, there are numerous sport clubs based within the Students’ Union offering memberships. For the competitively minded, the University is a member of British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS).