Support in searching for the right position
Searching for positions, writing a CV, making applications and attending interviews are vital parts of the work placement experience.
Practice in these essential skills will help you when you come to apply for graduate positions. Worcester Business School assists you in all aspects of this process. We advertise vacancies, run applications and interviewing workshops, provide one to one advice and guidance and provide a range of student support guides.
Whilst looking for placements you will receive the following:
- Access to tutorials with the work placement coordinator for guidance and advice
- A workshop on creative job searching, preparing a CV and making applications
- One-to-one CV feedback sessions to improve your CV
- An interviewing workshop
- The chance to participate in a mock interview with feedback on your performance
- An assessment centres workshop
- Mock assessment centres with real employers evaluating your performance and providing feedback
- A weekly job vacancies newsletter
- Opportunity to visit the National Work Placements Exhibition at the NEC in Birmingham, where you will be able to talk to employers and representatives from more than 40 participating organisations
- Access to the University’s online Job Zone
- Membership of the University’s ‘Bright Futures’ employability society
- Opportunity to meet with national and local employers in our three Future Weeks throughout the year