We take our sustainability responsibilities extremely seriously and have achieved high recognition as a result:
- We have been ranked 4th out of 154 in the UK’s greenest universities in the 2017 People & Planet University League
- We were the first English University to achieve EcoCampus Platinum status in June 2010, and the second to gain ISO14001:2015 for all our campuses
- We achieved Responsible Futures accreditation from the NUS for our whole institution approach to social responsibility and sustainability. We increased our score in the July 2018
reaccrediationprocess . Wehave been Green Gown finalists in a number of categories every year since 2011, Bike loan scheme winners 2014. The Green Gown Awards, run by the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) recognise ‘exceptional sustainability initiatives’ being undertaken in universities and colleges across the UK, and are regarded as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the sector.
- International Silver Green Apple Award winners for Environmental best practice 2018, in for two projects; A City Council, University collaboration Go Green Week in the City and Energize Worcester a project with Worcester Bosch group.
- A Higher Education Academy Green Academy first cohort participant
- Accredited with FairTrade status since 2008
Wednesday, 28 November 2018
The University of Worcester and Worcester Students’ Union have both pledged to work towards a more sustainable future.
Thursday, 15 November 2018
Efforts to promote sustainable living in Worcester, led by the University of Worcester, have been recognised with two international awards.
Tuesday, 14 August 2018
The University of Worcester has been shortlisted for three national sustainability awards, including Sustainability Institution of the Year.