We take our sustainability responsibilities extremely seriously and have achieved high recognition as a result:
- We have been ranked 4th out of 154 in the UK’s greenest universities in the 2017 People & Planet University League
- We were the first English University to achieve EcoCampus Platinum status in June 2010, and the second to gain ISO14001:2015 for all our campuses
- We achieved Responsible Futures accreditation from the NUS for our whole institution approach to social responsibility and sustainability
- We have been Green Gown finalists in 8 categories over the last 3 years, Bike loan scheme winners 2014. The Green Gown Awards, run by the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) and now in their eleventh year, recognise ‘exceptional sustainability initiatives’ being undertaken in universities and colleges across the UK, and are regarded as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the sector.
- International Green Apple Award winners for Environmental best practice 2017, in for two projects; A City Council and University recycling collaboration, and Go Green Week in the City.
- We were a Higher Education Academy Green Academy first cohort participant
- Accredited with FairTrade status since 2008
Thursday, 12 April 2018
A special event, led by the University of Worcester, will highlight the scale of food waste in the UK.
Tuesday, 27 March 2018
The University of Worcester has been shortlisted for an award after reducing its gas consumption by 25% by over-hauling its 30 year old boiler plant.
Wednesday, 21 March 2018
The University of Worcester held a week of activities highlighting key sustainability issues and what students and staff can do to make a difference.