The STEM Ambassador Programme
Volunteering as a STEM Ambassador is your chance to promote your skills to young learners, actively encourage them to enjoy STEM subjects, and inform them about the unique career opportunities that are available to them. By volunteering as an Ambassador, you could be opening up life-changing opportunities for many young people in your area. Anyone who has a desire to inspire children and young people in STEM subjects can become an Ambassador.
The main qualities that all Ambassadors share are enthusiasm and commitment, along with a passion for what they do.
What can STEM Ambassadors do?
- Assist with classroom activities and STEM Clubs
- Bring a "work" dimension to learning
- Provide an insight into career opportunities
- Facilitate workplace visits where appropriate
Benefits to Teachers
- Access to a skilled resource to support in classroom activity
- Gaining extra support for extra-curricular clubs
- Developing a varied teaching and learning style
- Networking with local companies and gaining further opportunities
Benefits to Students
- Increased motivation and enthusiasm for STEM education
- Improved key skills and understanding of STEM subjects
- Improved knowledge of potential careers in STEM
- Opportunity to experience STEM applications in a 'work' context
STEM Project Manager
STEM Education Consultant
Black Country Area Lead
Coventry, Warwickshire, Solihull Area Lead
Birmingham Area Lead
Visiting in person
The STEM Hub office address is: Peirson Building G008, University of Worcester, St John's Campus, Henwick Grove, Worcester WR2 6AJ
If you are coming to visit us in person, have a look at our Find Us pages to see the best ways to get here.