Sessional Demonstrator in Computing
Worcester Business School
tel: 01905 54 2444
Peter has a wide variety of industry experience, including three years in database administration and data analysis for Mercedes-Benz dealerships. He has a BSc Computing with Business from the University of Worcester, where he was awarded the Academic Achievement Scholarship for his first-year results. He has an MSc in Business Intelligence from Birmingham City University (with distinction), where the topic of his dissertation was a review of rudimentary methods of sarcasm classification in tweets.
Peter currently assists with delivering the undergraduate database modules, as well as contributing to the postgraduate corporate intelligence modules. His research interests include data mining, text mining, machine learning algorithms and database architectures. Peter also has a keen interest in the provision of support for students on the autistic spectrum within higher education.
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & Research
• Database and data warehouse design and development.
• SQL language.
• Big data.
• Data mining.
• Business intelligence.
• Sentiment analysis and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
• Database, data warehouse and data lake architectures.
• Semi-structured data.
• Open and big data.• Data mining.
• Business intelligence.• Text mining and sentiment analysis.
• Autism in higher education.
MSc Business Intelligence (distinction)
BSc Computing with Business
- Professional Bodies
The Data Science Association.
- External Responsibilities