Senior Lecturer Business Entrepreneurship & Intercultural Perspectives
Worcester Business School
Marina Ibrahim is a professional bi-lingual (German-English) business and leadership coach, educator, entrepreneur and business start-up mentor and runs her own intercultural management & leadership-training consultancy.
A marketing and business background in the international creative and digital media industry Marina has worked in the industry for over 20 years including music publishing, broadcasting, film and video production, advertising, public relations and events in Germany. She was also founder and manager of a successful digital media business start-up hub in the West Midlands.
Her experience and interests focus on marketing, branding, cross-cultural competency and leadership, global entrepreneurship, global mobility and global mindset, female entrepreneurship (having worked with WiRE – Women in Rural Entrepreneurship as network leader, enterprise trainer and mentor for many years), self-employment and business education.
As communications, leadership and training consultant Marina works for multinational DAX, FTSE 100 and FORTUNE 500 organisations supporting their executives and multi-cultural teams in mastering their global mobility challenges. She is also a course director of global delivery framework with CIM (the Chartered Institute of Marketing) and IOEE (Institute of Entrepreneurship and Enterprise) fellow mentor providing training and business support programmes for small and micro-businesses.
Marina has joined Worcester Business School in 2016 as Senior Lecturer teaching on a range of modules around Business Entrepreneurship, Small Business Management and Intercultural Perspectives supporting the inclusive environment for developing entrepreneurs and growing businesses.
She inspires students across numerous disciplines with thought-provoking, insightful and instantly usable techniques. Marina stimulates students to understand the practical application of entrepreneurship combining theory and practice through work based learning and external stakeholder interactions.
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & Research
• Small Business Management
• SME Growth
• Intercultural Perspectives
• Social Enterprise
• Entrepreneurial skills requirement of SME’s
• Skills & Talents DNA of Entrepreneurs
• Global Mobility of professional workforce
• Internationalism of SME's
• Migrant Entrepreneurship
• Entrepreneur’s cross-cultural competency
• Global Leadership
• Managing and trading across cultures
- Professional Bodies
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
• Fellow of the Institute of Entrepreneurship & Enterprise (IOEE)
• Member of the Society for Intercultural Education, Training and Research SIETAR
• Accredited Member of the Association of Professional Coaches, Trainers & Consultants (APCTC)
- External Responsibilities