Senior Lecturer, Psychological Sciences
Institute of Health & Society
tel: 01905 85 5350
Diploma in Psychodrama and Psychotherapy
Dip Advanced Diploma Psychodrama
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & Research
- Class barriers to psychotherapeutic provision. Exploration of the personal constructs of therapists in relation to interpretations of class and potential influence on therapeutic provision.
- The reflective practitioner. Identification of the skills of reflection and implication for Mental Health practitioners.
- Exploring the awareness of Equal Opportunities within acute Psychiatric provision.
- An exploration of the utilisation of Forum Theatre as a research methodology to investigate the lived experience of psychotherapeutic services.
Project leadership and funding
- 2002 An exploration and evaluation of the use of Forum Theatre as a participant centred/driven learning strategy within a Dip HE Foundation Studies programme. University of Worcester.
- 2006 Utilising digital multi media in Web CT to support PBL in a Masters level programme. University of Worcester.
- 2007 Enhancing dialogue in interdisciplinary collaboration: A shared e-learning approach to Masters level Research Methods University of Worcester.
- 2010 Exploring the potential of mobile devices to support e-portfolio development in work based learning within the Certificate and Intermediate Certificate in Substance Misuse. University of Worcester.
- Professional Experience/External Roles
Professional Experience/External Roles
- Co-Editor of the British Journal for Psychodrama and Sociodrama
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Mental Health Training Education and Practice
- Executive Member of the British Psychodrama Association
- Trustee of St Pauls Homeless Person Hostel, Worcester
- Nursing and Midwifery Council 82H1621E Part 3 of the Professional Register
- United Kingdom Central Council for Psychotherapy 05157795
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals
- Mental Health in Higher Education. Higher Education Academy
- Haworth, P. and Richards, H. (2009) Editorial. British Journal of Psychodrama and Sociodrama. Vol. 24, No 1. pp. 2
- Haworth, P. and Richards, H. (2009) Editorial. British Journal of Psychodrama and Sociodrama. Vol. 24, No 2. pp. 2
- Richards, H, (1994) ‘Vacuous Models’ Nursing Standard Vol 8, No 17, p. 44
- Richards, H and Symonds, E. (2009) ‘Telling it as it is’ OpenMind January/February, 155, p 9
- Richards, H. (2009) A Class Act. Barriers to Psychotherapy and considerations for Psychodrama. Journal of Psychodrama and Sociodrama. (accepted for publication October 2009)
- Richards, H and Symonds, E (2009) Blended learning, blended teaching: Collaborative course development and delivery for Work Based Learning. University of Worcester Journal of Learning and Teaching.
- Richards, H (2010) Pebblepad case study 2010. Pebble Learning http://www.pebblepad.co.uk/paddlers.asp
- Conference/Seminar Presentations
- Richards, H. and Symonds, E (2006) Utilising digital multi media in WebCT to support Problem Based Learning in a Masters Level Programme. Learning and Teaching Conference University of Worcester. Worcester.
- Piercy, N & Richards, H (2007) ‘Laughter and Tears’ Presented at the British Psychodrama Association Annual Conference. University of Plymouth. Plymouth
- Richards, H. (2001) Utilising Forum Theatre in Problem Based Learning. Presented at the Annual Learning and Teaching Conference. University of Worcester. Worcester
- Richards, H & Symonds, E (2007) Talking Heads-the road to somewhere? Enhancing problem based learning through the use of digital narratives’. Presented at the Staff Education and Development Association Conference. Glasgow.
- Richards, H & Symonds, E (2007) ‘Utilising Digital Narratives in Virtual Learning Environments’. Presented at the Centre for Learning and Teaching Excellence. Middlesex University. London
- Richards, H. and Symonds, E. (2008) Enhancing Dialogue. A shared e-learning approach to Masters level Research Methods. University of Worcester Seminar Series.
- McMahon, A & Richards H (2008) ‘Exploring Spiritual distress’. Presented at ‘Conference on Spirituality’. University of Worcester. Worcester
- Richards, H & Symonds, E (2009) Blended Learning, Blended Teaching. Collaborative course development and delivery for Work Based Learning. Presented at the Supporting student learning. Learning and Teaching Conference. University of Worcester. Worcester.
- Richards, H. & Symonds, E. (2009).’Negotiated learning through e-portfolio development: Assessing practitioner competence using work based evidence. eLearning in health: working together to enhance learning. Higher Education Academy Conference. University of Warwick. Coventry.
- Richards, H & Symonds, E (2009) Heroes and Villains - Early adopters, champions and Institutional challenges to ePortfoilo uptake. Presented at the Telling e-Portfolio Stories Conference. University of Wolverhampton. Institute of Learning Enhancement. Wolverhampton.
- Richards, H (2009) Utilising ePortfolios for assessment in Work Based Learning. ‘Using Pebblepad to facilitate learning’ Presented at the ADPU Seminar series. University of Worcester. Worcester.
- Martin, J & Richards, H (2009) Utilising ePortfolio’s for course planning and approval. Presented at the Academic Planning and Assessment Unit, Seminar series. University of Worcester. Worcester
- Richards, H (2010) Show me the Evidence. The effectiveness of psychodrama psychotherapy and action methods. The British Psychodrama Association. Royal Agricultural College. Cirencester.
- Richards, H (2010) Engaging employers through the utilisation of E portfolio’s. 2nd Annual Employability and PDP Conference. University of Worcester.
- Richards, H (2010) Talking Heads: making sense of recovery. Living and learning, learning and teaching.: Mental health in higher education. Mental Health in Higher Education conference. Higher Education Academy. 30-31st March 2010, Lancaster University. Lancaster
- Richards, H. and Symonds, E. (2010) Chain Reaction: building a community of work based learning through e-portfolio development. SEDA Spring Teaching Learning and Assessment Conference. Communities of Learning. May 6th and 7th 2010. Leeds
- Richards, H and Symonds, E. (2010) A portfolio of e-portfolio’s. Learning and Teaching Conference University of Worcester. 17th June 2010. Worcester
- Richards, H. and Wilday, J. (2010) Negotiated Learning through e-Portfolio Development: Assessing Practitioner Competence in Work-Based Learning. University of Worcester Partner Conference. Developing and Disseminating Good Practice in the Implementation of Work-Based-Learning. University of Worcester. 6th July 2010. Worcester