Reflecting the professional and practice-based strengths of several of its academic institutes, the University has a strong focus on applied research designed to shape and influence the practice of teachers, health professionals, coaches and managers.
The University is also engaged in curiosity driven research in areas such as Plant Science, History and English Literature, although in these areas too there is an emphasis on how this research can ultimately have real world impact.
Much research happens within our academic institutes (see links below for more detail), in many cases driven by Research Groups.
But the University is also home to a number of Centres (see links below for more detail) that focus on research in areas of critical importance for our society.
More research at Worcester
Institute Research Pages
Our Research Centres:
Some of our Research Groups:
- Customer Interaction Research Group
- Ecology and Environment Research Group
- Fabrication Research Group
- Mood Disorders Research Group
- Pollen and Aerobiology Research Group
- River Science Research Group
- Socio-cultural studies of Sport, Exercise & the Body Research Group