Course Leader for HND Sports Coaching & PE and Senior Lecturer in Sports Studies/Coaching HND
Institute of Sport & Exercise Science
tel: 01905 54 2633
Chris joined the Institute of Sport and Exercise Science in 2013 and was appointed to lead the Sport, Coaching and Physical Education HND. Chris has lectured at both FE and HE for over 18 years on a range of sports-related courses. His areas of interest include exercise prescription; health assessment and evaluation; sports coaching; and sports psychology. Chris is a passionate and enthusiastic lecturer who strives to create a learning environment that is conducive to personal and academic development.
- MSc Sport & Exercise Science
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Education & Training)
- BA (Hons) Sport & Human Movement Studies
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & Research
Chris is currently teaching the following modules:
- HCPE 1002 - Introduction to Sports Coaching
- HCPE 1003 – Disability in Sport & PE
- HCPE 1008 - Leading & Managing People and Groups
- HCPE 2005 - Performance Analysis in Sport & PE
- HCPE 2006 - Work Based Placement
- HCPE 2007 - Physical Activity & Health in Sport
Cattell, C., Barber, L. & Breeze, N. (2015) Students perceptions of peering mentoring, University of Worcester Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Conference, Worcester, UK.
Wood, C. & Cattell, C. (2014) The motivations and outcomes of studying for part-time mature students completing higher education programmes at further education colleges, Research in Post-Compulsory Education Inaugural International Research Conference, Oxford, UK.
Mickleborough, T.D. Cattell, C., Lindley, M. and Chatham, K. (2002) Evaluation of a new device purported to provide through-range fixed load inspiratory muscle training. Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. [Online]. 34 (5), p.S268. Available from: http://www.acsm.org/ access-public-information/acsm-journals [Accessed 2nd May 2004].