University Tutor in Physical Education
Institute of Sport & Exercise Science
tel: 01905 542964
Camilla started at The University of Worcester in 2014 as a HPL (hourly paid lecturer) whilst working as a freelance dance artist. During her role as a freelancer, Camilla worked as a performer, choreographer and dance teacher. She has performed professionally for many Midlands based companies at venues such as, The Hippodrome, The MAC, Symphony Hall and many more. Alongside performing, Camilla taught dance and gymnastics in primary, secondary, further education, higher education and private education as well as being commissioned to choreograph professional works.
Camilla has her own private dance school and is an associate member of the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA). She is also a qualified coach in Rhythmic, Primary and Secondary gymnastics and regularly works with a range of children within this area.
In September 2017, Camilla joined the University full time as a University Tutor of PE, with a focus on dance and gymnastics.
- MSC Sports Management, University of Worcester (expected completion January 2019)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education, University of Worcester (2017)
- BA Honours Professional Dance Practice, Bucks New University (2014)
- Level 5 Diploma in teaching lifelong learning, City & Guilds (2014)
- HND Dance, University of Worcester (2012)
Additional Qualifications - Subject Specific:
- IDTA Associate Ballet (Distinction)
- Level 1 Rhythmic Gymnastics Coach
- Primary & Secondary Gymnastics Teachers Qualification (British Gymnastics)
- Teaching & Research
Teaching & Research
Camilla currently teaches on a variety of modules within PE, PE and Dance, and Dance and Community Practice. Camillas subject specialisms are technique, community dance and teaching students how to teach gym and dance.
- Teaching and Learning
- Dance and Technology
- The use of video analysis within Gymnastics
- Dance Injury
- Professional Bodies
- People Dancing
- OneDance UK
- British Gymnastics
Recent Choreographic Works:
[pain]Byte VR storytelling for classical Ballet Brighton Digital Festival September 2017
data storm Brighton Digital Festival September 2015
European Wheelchair Basketball Championships Aug Sept 2015 Opening and Closing Ceremony
[arra]stre Brighton Digital Festival July 2014
Smith-Nunes, G. & Neale, C (2017) [pain]Byte VR Storytelling and Classical Ballet. Electronic Visualisation and the Arts, pp.415-419
Smith-Nunes, G., Cook, P., Neale, C. & Golz, P. (2016). Data Network Simulator with Classical Ballet. Electronic Visualisation and the Arts, pp.17.