About Woo Bike Share
Woo Bike Share offers a great deal to students and staff who want to get about on two wheels. The 100 bike fleet has 50 pedal bikes and 50 electric e-bikes.
Why cycle to University?
Cycling is a convenient low cost way to get healthier and happier. Riding an e-bike is great fun. Cycling 2 miles takes about 15 minutes, making it one of the quickest ways to get between University of Worcester campuses and through the city.
Who can participate?
All students and staff can join Woo Bikes, no matter whether new or existing, undergraduate or postgraduate, full-time or part-time, home, EU or International.
Bike Share membership is on a first-come first-served basis, so be quick!
How does the scheme work? Five simple steps
- Students and staff join by paying a £30 annual membership via the online Woo Bikes system.
- To start your membership, collect your FREE helmet and lights from the Bike Shop - See map for locations
- Collect key from any 24/7 hub City or St Johns's reception
- Hire pedal bikes up to 7 days at no extra cost. Get 10 e-bike rides for only £20. (£2/24hr)
- After you've used it, return to bike to any of our hubs and hand in the key (and battery for e-bikes)
All bikes are ready to ride, and come complete with lock, mudguards, rack (pedal bikes only) are regularly checked and maintained by Spokes who also operate a weekly campus bike shop. You can buy a great value reconditioned bike for about £65 and accessories.
New bike share members are required to attend the campus bike shop for an induction before a bike can be hired. The bike shop is open Tuesday and Wednesdays between 12:00 and 14:00, slightly reduced hours out of semester.
Read terms and conditions for more information.
Late return of Bike Share bikes will generate a fine of £2 a day for pedal bikes and £4 a day for e-bikes. Fines must be paid online in the bike share system before rehiring a bike.