The University of Worcester is fully committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most able students from the most diverse backgrounds.
Commitments made in our annual access agreement underline this principle. Access and Inclusion has been formed in recognition of the need to provide a co-ordinated approach to ensure that the values and aims detailed in the access agreement are achieved. The agreements lay out the institution's targets for improving progression, retention and achievement for learners from groups which are underrepresented at the University.
The agreement sets targets and milestones, including operational targets for outreach activity, that will contribute to achievement of institutional plans.
Access and Inclusion has a varied set of responsibilities which include:
- Bringing together relevant parties to facilitate the production of the annual access agreement and monitoring returns as required by OFFA.
- Support the relationship with Partner schools to provide activity that supports the achievement and progression of learners from under-represented groups.
- The development of new partnership relationships with targeted schools.
- Liaising with University of Worcester departments to ensure that existing outreach activity is appropriately targeted.
- Working across the University to encourage new initiatives which further the values and principles of our access agreement.
- Development and monitoring of a University wide mentoring scheme.
- Production of reports to help inform the development and delivery of outreach activity.
- Conduct and collate research and evaluation of University of Worcester outreach activity to:
• demonstrate progress in achieving our operational targets.
• show the level of impact these have had on the performance targets relating to application, access, progression and achievement.
• help shape future activity.