Consultancy - Working with you to improve your services
The team within the Association for Dementia Studies are a multi-professional group of educationalists, researchers and practitioners who are expert in the field of person-centred dementia care and support.
Based on our research, the Association for Dementia Studies can offer a range of bespoke support packages, service development activities and consultancy across our wide portfolio. Our areas of expertise include:
- Creating enabling environments
- Peri-diagnostic and post-diagnostic interventions
- Dementia friendly communities and businesses
- Skilled care and leadership for complex care services
- Creativity and the arts
- Quality improvement programmes including tools for practice
- Person-centred dementia care at home, in supported housing, hospitals and care homes
- Activity, sport and nature
- Information, communication and assistive technologies
What do we offer?
Whether you are trying to improve your physical surroundings or how you deliver care or support for people with dementia, we are able to help you. For example, we can help you select and use the myriad of tools available to evaluate whether you are providing a person-centred service.
Below are a few examples to help you think about the type of project that you could undertake with our help.
- Are you new to the Care Fit for VIPS toolkit? – We can teach you how to use it, walk you through your first self-assessment and help you decide your priorities for change.
- Do you need to evaluate the impact of training? – We can visit a sample of your care homes and make an assessment of practice and impact.
- Are you looking to improve your premises? – We can carry out site visits to provide advice on particular schemes.
- Are you planning a new build? – We will provide tailored consultancy support throughout the lifetime of a project from initiation to post occupancy evaluation focussing on the built environment.
- Do you have a product which you think will be beneficial to people living with dementia? – We can evaluate whether it is effective and provide a report for you.
If you have a project that you want to work on and think that we can help please contact us by emailing email@example.com