To help you prepare for your interview you can expect questions covering the following:
- the subject knowledge required for teaching the subject curriculum in school
- your ability to critically reflect on your prior experiences in relation to your future development as a teacher
- your understanding of the UK education system and the wider role of a teacher
- how you have overcome challenges in your life and shown resilience
- how you plan to meet the academic and teaching demands of the course.
In addition, we are looking for enthusiasm, commitment, and potential. Clear verbal and written communication skills are integral to this which you will have an opportunity to demonstrate throughout the interview.
- School experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Interviews will be conducted online. Applicants will be contacted directly with more details.
All applications for PGCE Secondary should be made via the Government's Find Postgraduate Teacher Training website.
Additional useful information is available on the Government's Get Into Teaching website.