Worcester Community Action regularly promote volunteering opportunities. They are based at The Angel Centre, Angel Place, Worcester, WR1 3QN.
They would love to hear from you on 01905 936751 or email@example.com if you are interested in any of the opportunities listed below:
A well-established provider of support to people with learning disabilities and autism, is looking for a social media guru!! Do you know your way around Facebook and the use of social media? Could you help the organisation to use social media to showcase the people who they support and the work undertaken? If you are friendly, a good listener, reliable and dependable, comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism, and able to volunteer regularly, then contact us for more information. LAH 139
Are you interested in history and be able to talk to visitors about a city centre church – once you’ve completed the training which is provided!! Volunteer guides are needed to help open up this historic space and ensure that this beautiful church is shown to visitors. If you can spare a few hours to help, then contact us and we’ll be able to tell you more about this exciting opportunity. LAH 144
The local organisation which works with people who are visually impaired, and who are dedicated to improving the lives of people with sight loss, are looking for volunteers for a variety of roles. Whether you could be a befriender or a home visitor, help in an activity group, get involved in fund-raising, undertake administration, be a driver or help with promotion, there are so many opportunities for volunteers – you could even bring your own interests into the group!! There’s a special fund raising event on July 1st so if you’re up for a challenge, contact us for details!! LAH 147
A service which works to tackle loneliness by connecting volunteers with a lonely older person, and who then helps them to reconnect to the local community, or to activities which might interest them, is looking for more volunteers. The service is carefully tailored to the individual needs of each lonely person so if you have an interest or hobby, this might just be the link to help them back into the community. So, whether your interest is bell ringing, exercise and dance classes, walking, or knitting, these might just be the catalyst to help reduce someone’s loneliness. For more information, contact us through the details below. LAH 126
A volunteer administration assistant is needed by an organisation which provides support to people with learning disabilities and autism, helping them to live more independently at home and in the community. If you are a confident communicator, have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook and are organised and able to follow administration procedures correctly, then this may be the opportunity for you. This is a great opportunity to gain real experience in the charity and social care sector. Call us for more details LAH 138
A charity shop in St Johns is looking for more volunteers to undertake a range of roles including sorting items, pricing and displaying items, working on the tills and / or tidying the shop. This will enable them to provide a better and bigger service to the local community and raise much needed funds. The shop is open Monday – Friday so there are lots of opportunities to get involved, so if you’d like a retail opportunity, then contact us for more details. LAH 142
Are you interested in adult literacy? A national organisation is looking for volunteers to help run the local Wychavon group. This is a chance to work with a small group of like-minded people to offer life-changing opportunities to local people who cannot read. We all know how important being able to read is in our daily lives so if you think you’d like to help and get involved in this newly established group, then do contact us for more details. LAH 143
Would you like to volunteer and make a difference to the lives of animals in need? A local animal shelter has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities including: fundraising, marketing & website, social media, admin support, receptionist, animal care, cleaner, gardener, site maintenance and many more!!! If you don’t mind a short journey (car, bus or even bicycle!!) out of Worcester, then this could be the opportunity for you! If you’d like to know more, then contact us. LAH 146
An organisation which provides services and support to people with learning difficulties and autism, helping them to live more independently at home and in the community, has a number of volunteering opportunities in Worcester. These include being a visiting buddy who could spend some time with people supported to live in their own home, visiting them on a regular basis. Or how about being a DIY volunteer – this role is for someone who is confident and a general all-rounder with their DIY skills, undertaking light general maintenance work such as painting, putting up pictures / curtain rails etc.!! Do contact us if this an area of interest for you. LAH135, 136
Loneliness is a very sad situation for someone to find themselves in in our community and effects people of all ages. Mums of young children, people with disabilities, and / or older people can all find themselves lonely and isolated. Often, all they need is for someone to visit them, have a chat and a cup of tea and then support them back into the community. If you’re a caring individual with good listening skills, who can spare an hour or two once a week or once a fortnight, then why not consider getting involved in your community. Call us for more information about the many different ways that one can get involved.
Do you have experience in the retail sector or is it something you’d like to do in the future and need to gain some experience? If either of those scenarios are you, then why not get involved in one of the many charity shops in the city. Many of them are looking for more volunteers so whether you’d like to work at the back sorting and pricing donations or in the shop itself assisting clients, working on the till and ensuring everything in the shop is tidy and ready for clients. If you can help, then hopefully, we’ll be able to help you find a shop which is raising funds for a cause that matters to you
A Chef willing to cook ‘school lunch style food’ for 35, 5 – 10 year olds, is wanted every Wednesday between 4.00pm – 5.30pm in Dines Green. If you have experience in a similar role, then this local organisation, which works across the city providing a range of activities for the local community, is looking for you!! Having a Food Hygiene certificate would be useful but training could be provided for a keen helper. If you’d like to know more, then do contact us. LAH 134
Don’t want to volunteer on a regular basis? Feel that you cannot make a weekly commitment? If that’s you, then why not register to be available for one-off events. We are often asked to find volunteers for a special event – it may be a fun run, a street collection, a fund-raising dinner - being some examples. If you think that this would be of interest to you, then do contact us for more information.
Another volunteering opportunity which doesn’t require a regular commitment, is becoming a Trustee. Many organisations are looking for Trustees, especially if you have skills in areas such as finance, marketing, HR, business management and fund-raising. Most Trustee meetings take place about once every 6 – 8 weeks, some are in the day, whilst others take place in the evenings, although there may also be sub-committee meetings as well. However, these are excellent opportunities for developing your skills, as well as giving something back to your community. So, if you’d like to know more, then come and talk to us and we’ll help you find the ‘right’ opportunity.
Volunteers are wanted who would like to engage with children and young people and give them positive life experiences, to enable young people to experience and contribute to youth activities which are fun, safe, social and educational. If you have good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to relate to young people, as well as having a strong commitment to young people, then this could be the opportunity you’re looking for. If you are available every other Wednesday during term time with occasional days in the summer and in December, then do contact us for further details. LAH 132
Do you have a valid driving licence which would enable you to drive a minibus? Are you available during the summer holidays, on various days and hours, to take young people on day trips? A local organisation which organises Holiday Play schemes throughout the city, requires a volunteer who is used to working with young people to assist during the summer. If you have the appropriate driving licence and are willing to undertake a DBS check, then do contact us. LAH 133
Perhaps you’d like to volunteer with older people? If so, there are a number of different opportunities available, that we can show you. Whether it’s just having a chat and a cup of tea, to helping someone reconnect with their community or to helping someone who is lonely in hospital, there are plenty of opportunities available so get in touch with us so that you can begin to help in your local community.
- A centre which provides play schemes for 5-7 yrs & 8 – 12 yrs during the summer holidays is looking for volunteers between August 6th – 10th and / or August 13th – 17th for a varied week of activities ranging from sports / games to arts and crafts as well as day trips. The centre also runs a programme of activities for young people with learning difficulties through the 6 weeks of the summer holidays on various days and times. So, if you like working with children, are outgoing and like ‘mucking in’, contact us for details. LAH 128
- Volunteer Mentors are needed to provide one to one support to 16 – 24 year olds who are in, or at risk of being involved in the criminal justice system. The aim is to increase the individual’s motivation, help them gain achievement however small, develop self-esteem and confidence, giving them a sense of direction, improving their communication skills, helping them to integrate into the community, accessing positive activities and redirecting them into education, training or employment, as appropriate. Do you think you could take on this role? If you have the time, enthusiasm and willingness to volunteer with the organisation for 12 months, then this could be a real opportunity to make a difference so contact us for more information. LAH 131
- Could you spare a little time in evenings to collect donations from shops in town and drop them off at a community centre? You’ll need to be able to drive but a simple task such as this would be extremely helpful to this initiative. However, if you’re available during the day, and would be willing to drive, there are different opportunities available. A number of organisations are looking for people willing to drive so if you’d like to get involved, then contact us for more details. LAH 129
- Could you volunteer some time to help connect an older person with people, places and activities in your area? This project provides volunteers, who are carefully matched to a client for a period of six months, to help tackle loneliness. Your role would be to support them to connect to activities, by helping to building their confidence, thereby expanding their social network, and improving their health and well-being. Initially you would just visit for a chat but, hopefully, over the following few months, you would accompany your client to activities until they felt confident to go on their own. This is a really worthwhile initiative which offers a bespoke service to every client and volunteers are trained and supported at all stages. If you’d like to know more, contact WCA. LAH 126
- A city community centre is looking for volunteers for a variety of roles, working with children, families and / or older people. This friendly centre is a local hub for the community and provides a wide range of activities for local people. Just a few hours a week would mean that even more activities could be organised and new groups started. There are possibilities just for term time if that is better for you, as well as opportunities on every day of the week. So, if you’d like to support them, contact us. LAH 127
- Are you interested in other cultures? Is your family warm and welcoming? Are you willing to share your home? Host families are urgently wanted to host people from other countries. Students from Bavaria and America are due to visit in the next few weeks and will be attending schools and taking part in various other activities but would also like to learn about our community. This organisation has opportunities for stays of varying lengths from weekends, 1- 4 weeks or even for an academic year. Contributions to costs are paid as well as on-going support and full information. If you’d like to get involved in this exciting opportunity, contact EIL on 01684 562577 or you can contact us. LAH125
- How would you like to help support a campaign which aims to reduce the number of people who drown each year? We are looking for a Campaign Support Officer to work alongside a lovely bunch of people, in promoting this particular week, which is a public engagement and fund raising campaign!! This is a critical role to the administration and delivery of the charity’s flagship campaign and the organisation would ideally like someone who could commit to around 5 hours per week starting from early May until the end of June but can continue beyond that date if it suits the individual concerned. Contact us for more details. LAH 124
- Are you interested in volunteering in an office-based environment? A local charity which raises funds for other organisations, needs someone to help input Gift Aid information into their excel system. They would particularly like someone on a Tuesday morning from 10.00am – 1.00pm and just a basic knowledge of computers is needed as full training will be provided. However, we need to say that the office is up a couple of flights of stairs so this needs to be taken into account for any volunteer. If you’d like to know more, contact us. LAH 123
- Do you love wildlife in your local area? Are you keen to share your enthusiasm with others and inspire the next generation of nature lovers and conservationists? You don’t have to be a wildlife expert, you just need a keenness for discovering the wonders of the natural world and an ability to communicate with young people aged 5 – 12 yrs. If you’re an enthusiastic and passionate individual who would like to help deliver fun and engaging wildlife-themed activities for children in the Worcester / Droitwich area, then this could be your opportunity. Call us for details. LAH 086
- A small, city centre based, charity is looking for a couple of volunteers to assist with administration tasks such as data entry and answering emails, as well as being the first point of call for visitors and phone calls. If you have experience with various Office programmes, have excellent communication skills, are happy working on your own (even though you’ll be part of a small but happy team!) as the organisations seeks to develop its services. If you’d like to help, then contact us. LAH 030
- A local historical organisation is looking for volunteers to help out at functions by selling merchandise, selling tickets at the door, helping to organise events and having a role on the committee if you’re very keen! Their functions tend to be in evenings about 4 – 5 times each year whilst the committee meets every six weeks with quarterly Trustee meetings. If you have an interest in the English Civil War and have a pleasant attitude with the public, then this might be the opportunity for you. Their first event is on May 10th so do contact us for more information. LAH 121
- Are you an enthusiastic individual with a warm smile and a friendly outlook? Could you help with collections at places such as supermarkets, offices, workplaces and public places (arranged by prior agreement). A national organisation, which helps people all across the UK and around the world, is looking for volunteers to support their fundraising team in activities, such as collecting donations to arranging and participating in events. If you are able to work both independently and in a team, as well as having an interest in meeting new people, then this could be your opportunity to help make a difference to people’s lives. If you’d like to know more, then do contact us. LAH 115
- Do you like to see the swans on the river? Would you like to help provide them with food and then help with cleaning the steps where they gather? It will help if you like swans, as you may find yourself being asked questions about them, so it would be useful if you were friendly and liked talking to people. This project helps to support a clean city, as well as assisting the environment, and volunteers can get involved in a number of other activities of the group. If this sounds like a project you’d like to get involved in, then do contact us. LAH 059
- A local organisation which delivers a wide range of services that make a difference to the daily lives of people in communities, particularly working with young people and families, women, older people and those who are isolated, are looking for new Trustees to join their already strong board. They are especially looking for people who have experience of: Financial and commercial management; Working or fundraising for charities; the local communities. They would particularly welcome applications from people who can represent the voice of young people on the Board. Their vision is to achieve the aim of ‘Bringing People Together’ so if you think you can help and would like to know more, contact us. LAH 120
- A local heritage site is looking to establish a new role for volunteers, working on their reception desk. If you have experience of working with the public, preferably in a retail or reception space, then this could be the opportunity for you. Not only would you be welcoming visitors to this attraction but also promoting membership of the National Trust. The organisation is also always on the look-out for tea room volunteers – so if you’d like to help with either aspect of activity for this local organisation, then do get in touch with us. LAH 119
- The Community Transport scheme in Droitwich is looking for volunteer drivers as well as admin volunteers to support the scheme. The service provides transport for the elderly & disabled taking people to appointments, shopping and to visit friends and relatives. Drivers need a clean driving licence and a few hours to spare each week whilst the admin volunteers just need to enjoy talking to people as full training on the booking system will be provided. So, if you live in the Droitwich area and would like to help your local community, contact us and we will help you get involved. LAH 048
- If you’d prefer to volunteer on a one-off basis, or you are unable to commit to any regular volunteering, then we have a number of opportunities which might suit you instead. Whether it’s tin rattling / collections, marshalling or stewarding at events, supporting or organising events and even helping at Festivals, there are many organisations who need volunteers on this basis. If you’d like to know more about one-off volunteering, then contact us for more details. LAH 96
- A local charity which believes in enriching the lives of people with disabilities or long term health issues is looking for volunteers to help out at their Art Group, held twice a month in Cherry Orchard, Worcester. The only qualifications needed are a cheery disposition, enthusiasm and a can- do attitude. You do not have to be ‘arty’, but if you are, that’s a bonus. Please contact us for more information. LAH081
- Do you enjoy a good chat whilst keeping active? Then ‘walk leading’ could be for you! Leaders are being sought for an approximately one hour walk on a weekly basis. You will be fully supported and given the appropriate training. The walk is medium paced and you can choose your own route. This is a lovely way to lend a helping hand and you will keep fit too! LAH080
- A Veterans charity is looking fundraising volunteers. You can help in many ways such as a collection outside a local supermarket, where you will be able to talk to people in your local community, you might even meet and identify a veteran who would benefit from the support of the charity. Community events are always an opportunity to raise money, or you may have your own ideas! You could run a coffee morning, an attic sale or maybe a cycling event! Get in touch for more details LAH 070
- The local office of an international charity is looking for volunteers to assist in their fundraising office. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved and support our fundraising team and there are a wide range of roes available. If you are enthusiastic, can work independently and in a team, have basic computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, and have good organisational and telephone skills, this could be an excellent opportunity to gain experience, meet new people and to know that you are making a difference to people’s lives. Contact us for more information. LAH114
- A local organisation which works with individuals who have a range of different vision issues, are looking for people who could support clients who are keen to maintain their involvement in community activities. Could you accompany someone to the gym, or help a mother and toddler attend swimming sessions or assist a client compiling memoirs? These are an example of some of their needs, so if you’d like to provide support in these circumstances, do contact us for more information. LAH 110
- Are you interested in recycling and waste prevention? A new initiative in the county is looking for volunteers to learn about waste prevention and then to share those messages with others in your community and in the county. The project offers free waste reduction training, ongoing volunteer support and a network of like-minded volunteers. So, if you could spare about 30 hours of volunteering a year, then you might like to contact us for more details. LAH 109
- A national organisation, but with a local programme, is looking for more Event First Aid Volunteers to provide first aid services at public events. Comprehensive training is provided, there’s the opportunity to meet new people from all walks of life, gain new skills and have a great experience. They meet once a week and there is a minimum commitment of 50 hours a year. So, if you have good inter-personal skills, are willing to attend regular training and events (expenses paid) and are in possession of (or willing to train towards) a recognised first aid qualification, then this could be your opportunity!! LAH 108
- What are you doing between April 5th – 7th? Are you interested in helping support a Family Arts weekend? A 3-day arts festival is looking for volunteers to act as stewards – greeting audience members, checking tickets & helping to provide a high-quality experience for families – and snack table stewards who would be involved in replenishing depleted snacks, engaging with families and handling a donation pot!! Full support is provided, as well as 2 free tickets to an event of the volunteer’s choice. So, if you’d like to get involved and help to make this a successful event, then call us and we can give you more details. LAH 110
- We have a number of opportunities for administration volunteers in different organisations. Tasks such as inputting data, preparing marketing material, filing, word processing, scanning & uploading documents, answering the phone and providing information are all skills / experience which organisations need. If you can undertake these tasks and have a few hours to spare, then do contact us to find out more. LAH 090
- If you only have 1 hour a week to spare for volunteering, we have an opportunity where you can help raise awareness of a caring organisation within the community. Using knowledge of your local area, you’d identify places where the public would be able to view information about the organisation and its services. You’d ensure that the information and / or display is topped up regularly and up to date and possibly help to organise local events for carers. This is a flexible opportunity and you’d be working independently but still have excellent support and training. LAH 091
- Afternoon reception volunteers are needed for an environmental organisation based just outside the city. They particularly need a volunteer for either Wednesday or Thursday afternoons, although there may be the occasional cover needed for mornings if possible. From answering the phone, to general admin and sales of bird food, the volunteer is a vital member of the team. If you can provide a warm welcome to visitors and a friendly voice on the phone, then this opportunity might just be right for you. LAH 106
- Buddy volunteers are needed to provide support for people affected by cancer. You could help someone by having a cuppa and a chat, doing a bit of ironing, going for a walk with your client, and / or helping with the shopping and some light housework. If you are a caring individual who has a few hours to spare, then contact us for further details. LAH 107
- If you’re passionate about the heritage of English buildings, have heaps of enthusiasm and are friendly and welcoming with a commitment to outstanding service, then there’s an excellent opportunity to join the team of House Stewards at a local period building. If you are available between Tuesdays and Sundays and can spare 3 hours once a week (or fortnightly if needed), enjoy meeting new people and willing / interested in learning about the history of the building, so that you can talk to visitors, then this might be the opportunity for you. Contact us for more details. LAH102
- Assistant Treasurer wanted by a local historical centre. If you have experience of book keeping, accounts preparation and VAT processes in a small business, with an interest in the management of the operation, then this could be for you! The hope is that you will work alongside the existing Treasurer and then take over the role in the medium term (approx. 9 months). This role would take approx. 2 hours per week in order to assist with the book-keeping. If you would like more details, then contact us. LAH 104
- A national organisation with a local office, is looking for volunteers to help them with fund raising especially with bucket collections for their celebratory week in May. This is an opportunity to help an organisation which assists people in distress both in this country and abroad. If you could spare just a couple of hours, you can make a significant difference. The organisation also has many other opportunities for volunteer involvement so do contact us for more details. LAH 105
- Would you like the opportunity to contribute to the mission of a local organisation which works with carers? Customer Experience Volunteers are needed to gather feedback from carers about the services the organisation provides. By calling carers, you will ascertain whether the services and support provided, have been of value to the carer and have their addressed the carer’s needs. You will be trained and supported to develop the necessary telephone skills as well as being trained on the recording of the information gained. If you can help for 12 – 16 hours per month for a minimum of 12 months, then give us a call for more details. LAH 092
- Could you mentor a client so that they can access their local community activities? We’re looking for volunteers who want to help people work towards achievable goals and are able to work with vulnerable clients. If you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to work independently, are patient and have excellent listening skills, then this opportunity could be what you’re looking for. If you can spare a few hours a month and want to help people become more independent and confident, then contact us now. LAH 100
- A national charity, working to create brighter futures for their vulnerable clients, is looking for volunteers who could help clients to build their confidence around their employability and skills. If you have good literacy and numeracy skills, as well as solid basic IT skills including email, internet and word processing, with the confidence to work independently, this role might suit you. You could help their clients by building their confidence and share your knowledge about applying for jobs, sustaining work, performing well at interview or skills that help with this process. LAH 101
- Many of our local charity shops are looking for volunteers. There are numerous roles available including sorting donations, pricing and displaying merchandise and working the till – all excellent skills if you want to work in retail. Or perhaps you once worked in retail – how about passing on your knowledge to others? There are also opportunities to help with social media, IT, finance, and administration among others! Contact WCA for more information. LAH 028
- A small, local, city centre based charity is seeking help in their office. They especially need someone who is willing, and able, to input information onto a database, and update as needed. There are also some simple administration opportunities, as well as often being the first face of the organisation when people contact for information. Whilst this often entails lone working in their office, there is good support and a rewarding experience by helping others. Do contact us for more information. LAH 030
- As part of your New Year’s resolution did you consider Volunteering? But you’re wondering if you’d enjoy it, or if you have enough time, or you don’t want to make a regular commitment?? Does that sound familiar? If so we may have the answer!! We have a number of one-off opportunities where you can help without making a long-term commitment? It could be helping at a Ball with a raffle and auction, helping with a bucket collection or joining a week-end Festival. These are just some ways that help is needed – could these be right for you?? LAH 096
- Do you enjoy walking? If so, a Healthy Walk Leader is needed for two groups – Commandery & Warndon. The groups manage themselves and organise their own rotas with walks beginning at 10.30am and lasting approximately one hour. The social aspects of the walks is as important as the physical so there is always a hot drink and biscuit available at the end!! Full training and support given. LAH 097
- Are you enthusiastic about your local community and would like to become more involved? A vacancy has arisen for a Secretary of the Friends of Fort Royal Park and Commandery Gardens. Tasks such as taking and producing minutes / newsletter and helping to organise and support the events run by the group. The role could be split and shared with volunteers taking responsibility for different elements. This is a great opportunity to help support your local community and make some like-minded friends. Contact us for more details. LAH 098
- Could you run a fun, engaging group activity to help people increase their social network, try something new and develop their well-being. We’re looking for volunteers to lead group activities to improve confidence, self-esteem, social inclusion, health & well-being. Volunteers will plan & deliver engaging sessions e.g. arts & crafts, book clubs, walking groups, yoga and / or singing groups. These groups will bring people together to try something new, socialise and build a support network – does this sound of interest to you? LAH 099
- Do you like cooking and are you a ‘people person’? If so a Lunch club needs someone with your talents. If you could spare some time between 9.30 and 1.45 on Wednesdays and if you are happy to help with preparing vegetables, serving the diners and clearing up afterwards then this could be for you. Please get in touch for further details. LAH058
- Are you interested in our local wildlife? Various roles are available at the local Swan Sanctuary, including collecting bread, feeding the swans and keeping the area clean and tidy. After training you will be able to chat to interested bystanders about the project. This is also an opportunity to learn about the swans, their lives and how to recognise swans that are unwell and in need of help. LAH059
- Several roles are available at a local library including: helping with activities for children under 5 years of age, supporting youngsters who would like to try coding, meters and greeters, and many more. Various days and hours are available, if you like working with people of all ages and would like to support our library, get in touch for more details LAH061
- A medical team based in Droitwich is looking for someone who could support them by doing non-nursing tasks. Are you organised, discreet, physically able and do you possibly have administration/office experience? If you can answer yes to these and would like to know more, give us a call. LAH062
- The national Alzheimer’s Society is looking for volunteers at a local hospital to help people with Alzheimer’s to stay active. This side-by-side support is crucial to improve the quality of life for sufferers. If you have good verbal communication and listening skills, if you are happy to work alone, but as part of a team then please do get in touch for more details of this very important work. LAH034
- A local deaf-led charity which supports over 6000 children and adults each year has recently launched a new singing and sign language choir. The choir is fun and is aimed at uniting deaf, hard of hearing and hearing people through music. They need a volunteer to help with the day to day running of the choir, keeping members updated, planning rehearsals and managing external bookings. If this is your sort of thing, give us a ring! LAH017
- few hours a week could make a real difference to people’s lives. An art charity is seeking volunteer helpers who would be willing to help at a local art group. Not every volunteer needs artistic ability, but you do need to be a ‘people person’ – enthusiastic, and ready to create a friendly, welcoming environment where members can feel relaxed. This charity inspires people with disabilities and long term health issues to discover their creativity and build self-confidence, through art. Please get in touch if you feel you can help. LAH081
- Older people are often excluded from participating in social and community life. Befriending provides companionship for isolated people, the chance to develop a new relationship and the opportunity to participate in social activities, especially for those who could get out and about with a little support and encouragement. If you could spare an hour or more each fortnight, when you could visit someone who is housebound, contact us for more details. LAH008
- A county-wide organisation, based in Worcester, is looking for helpline volunteers, able to join a rota and provide 3-4 hours a week assistance. You would be the friendly, reassuring voice that a caller hears first when they call the organisation. If you could respond to these initial enquiries and use active listening skills to gather and record information from the caller, to help identify how they can be best supported, then this might be the opportunity you’re looking for. Training and support will be provided although good IT skills would be useful, as well as some experience in, or knowledge of, caring. LAH 093
- A local performing arts group are looking for a group of people to paint the outside of their building!!!! This could be undertaken at a time to suit the group offering the help and would provide a real community benefit. The group also needs someone to help in sorting out a box of costumes. If you are interested in community arts projects and can spare a few hours to help, then you would be warmly welcomed by the group. LAH 094
- Can you spare an hour or two to provide support by writing letters, acting as an escort for hospital or Doctor’s appointments and generally being a friend to a disabled individual in our community? Our client has a number of health issues and would like someone to help with the above tasks, on a flexible basis. They would prefer, if possible, a slightly ‘mature’ lady, as they would hope to have some common interests and experiences which would enhance the relationship. Can you help? LAH 095
- Volunteer drivers wanted!! Do you have a few hours to spare, either on a weekly basis or occasionally? Do you have a clean driving licence? Would you like to help your local community? Where ever you live in Worcestershire, the local Community Transport scheme is in need of more drivers. Whether you would like to use your own car (expenses paid) or drive a vehicle belonging to the transport scheme, you could make a real difference, by taking people to appointments, shopping, to day centres and to visit friends and relatives. Is this the opportunity for you? LAH 047
- Could you spare a few hours to help ward staff at a local hospital with various activities for their patients? If you are motivated to help others, have empathy and enthusiasm then you would be warmly welcomed. Full training and induction is offered and this is a perfect opportunity to gain care giving skills. LAH050
- Do you enjoy driving and want to help people in the local community? A national charity is looking for Volunteer drivers in the Worcester Area to make a real difference to the lives of people with disabilities and autism. Your tasks will be variable but most importantly you will provide safe and reliable transport to the people supported by the charity. LAH 089
- Are you a green fingered gardener? Can you create lovely green spaces with your cutting and pruning skills? Volunteers are needed to work with people with disabilities and autism to enable them to undertake horticultural activities such as, potting, growing and garden maintenance. If you are friendly, a good listener and willing to volunteer regularly, then please get in touch. LAH088
- There are a number of volunteer opportunities at charitable retail outlets in the city. If you would like to work in retail, there are usually a number of roles available. If you like dealing with members of the public or would prefer to be behind the scenes give us a call. LAH028
- Are you an animal lover? Would you like to become a ‘foster carer’ for animals whose owners are elderly or poorly? This is such a worthwhile cause, which takes away the worry from the ill, frail and elderly when they themselves are needing help. All types of pet care are needed, from a daily walk to perhaps taking in a cat whilst the owner is in hospital. If you could give just an hour a week it would really help. LAH083
- A national care home organisation is looking for volunteers in many different fields, from driving to taking the library trolley around and maintaining records of borrowing. College students are particularly welcome as they could perhaps help the residents with IT or music students could gain experience of playing in public. If you are interested, please get in touch. LAH084
- A local Wildlife Trust is looking for people who are interested on conservation. There are many roles available and work parties meet on different days. If you have an interest in nature and like working outdoors this could suit you. LAH085
- Do you love wildlife in your local area? Are you keen to share your enthusiasm with others and inspire the next generation of nature lovers and conservationists? Then this could be the volunteering opportunity for you! You don’t have to be a wildlife expert; you just need keenness for discovering the wonders of the natural world and an ability to communicate with young people aged 5-12. LAH086
- Activities assistants are needed to support the daily delivery of multi-sensory activities to both children and adults who have disabilities. There are many roles and times available, for example the Sensory play session for 0-4 year olds and family sessions. The centre is a vibrant hub of diversity and sees over 300 people every week. They welcome volunteers to help them meet their aim, which is to bring joy to the lives of others. LAH046
- Support is needed at a local Dementia Café. No specific qualifications or experience are needed, but it may suit you if you know about, or are willing to learn about, dementia and its impact on people. The time required is 11.00am to 3pm on the first Friday of every month. LAH035
- Would you like to brush up your office skills? Volunteers are needed by a local organisation for data entry, answering the telephone and checking emails etc. If you have spare time on a Monday or Friday between 11am and 2pm then please get in touch. LAH068
- A local organisation which provides support to people with disabilities, has a number of volunteering opportunities available. If you would like to help in reception or support the team at their café, or in their second-hand bookshops they would like to hear from you.
- A national charity which helps vulnerable children and young people is looking for enthusiastic volunteers. The role involves supporting children and families by delivering activity groups in your local area. Full training and development is available, after which you will promote your activity and encourage new families to attend.
- Are you a ‘do it your selfer’? Do you like tinkering until something broken if fixed? If so you, your skills are needed at a repair workshop in Worcester. At monthly meetings, which are all about repairing things together, your practical knowledge could be passed on. Help stop good things going to landfill.
- A local charity is looking for a website administrator. A commitment of 2-4 hours a week is required depending on the work load. If you have a knowledge of Wordpress and HTML, if you can write in style with the charity’s message and a basic knowledge of SEO, then please get in touch for more details
- A local charity is inspiring people with disabilities or long term health issues to discover their creative energy and self- confidence through art. Could you help this art group, held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, in the Bath Road area of the city? Not every volunteer needs artistic ability, but you do need to be a ‘people person’ who is enthusiastic and ready to help create a friendly, welcoming environment, where members feel relaxed and able to make the most of their time.
- Could you spare a few hours to help at a local care home? Are you a friendly person who can sit and chat about anything and everything, do you have a sense of humour, are you patient and kind? Can you play cards or tiddlywinks? If any of this sounds like you then please get in touch for more details.
- Older people often feel lonely and isolated and a national charity for older people is always looking for befrienders to visit clients in their own home. If you have an hour a fortnight to spare, could you help? If you like people and have a happy, caring nature you would be made very welcome.
- A local organisation which works with cats, has a variety of roles available for volunteers. Could you could help with fundraising, or work in their shop or maybe foster a cat? This is the ‘purrfect’ place for a cat lover! Do get in touch if you are interested.
- Do you like cooking and are you a ‘people person’? If so a Lunch club needs someone with your talents. If you could spare some time between 9.30 and 1.45 on Wednesdays and if you are happy to help with preparing vegetables, serving the diners and clearing up afterwards then this could be for you. Please get in touch for further details.
- Are you interested in our local wildlife? Various roles are available at the local Swan Sanctuary, including collecting bread, feeding the swans and keeping the area clean and tidy. After training you will be able to chat to interested bystanders about the project. This is also an opportunity to learn about the swans, their lives and how to recognise swans that are unwell and in need of help.
- Several roles are available at a local library including: helping with activities for children under 5 years of age, supporting youngsters who would like to try coding, meters and greeters, and many more. Various days and hours are available, if you like working with people of all ages and would like to support our library, get in touch for more details.
- A medical team based in Droitwich is looking for someone who could support them by doing non-nursing tasks. Are you organised, discreet, physically able and do you possibly have administration/office experience? If you can answer yes to these and would like to know more, give us a call.
· A chain of local charity shops is looking for a driver’s mate. If you would like to help your local community, and are free on Mondays we would like to hear from you. You need to be physically fit and able to lift 10kg bags or boxes. If you have good communication skills and are well presented, please do get in touch for more details.
· Do you enjoy a good chat whilst keeping active? Then walk leading could be for you! Two walk leaders are needed to help out with local walks on a Tuesday morning. The current leaders would like a helping hand and full training will be given free of charge. The walk begins at 10.30 and lasts approximately 1 hour. A fantastic way to help your community and keep fit.
· A number of volunteers are needed to support service users of an Acquired Brain Injury charity. You may be asked to help with gardening, computer skills, cookery or exercise, to name but a few. If you are friendly, reliable, trustworthy and have good communication skills please give us a call.
· A national chain of Charity Shops is looking for volunteers at their Worcester branch. They are expecting to be busy in the run up to Christmas and they have a number of roles available, from helping on the till to photographing items for their online shop. As long as you are able to read and write you will be very warmly welcomed.
- A national chain of Charity Shops is looking for volunteers at their Worcester branch. They are expecting to be busy in the run up to Christmas and they have a number of roles available, from helping on the till to photographing items for their online shop. As long as you are able to read and write you will be very warmly welcomed.
- We are in need of one or two more volunteers, here at Worcester Community Action. We are looking for people to do some light admin work and answer the phones. If you could spare just a couple of hours a week to help us we would be so grateful. And there are always biscuits in the cupboard!
- A national charity which works with children and young people in care is looking for volunteers to become Independent Visitors. Your role would be to act as a befriender to a child for a period of two years, giving a few hours of your time each month. The time required would be dependent on the needs and wishes of the child and the volunteer. Full training and support is provided. If you’d like to know more, then do contact us.
- A volunteer receptionist is needed by an organisation which provides relationship counselling. The role is to support counsellors by providing a welcoming meet and greet and a caring atmosphere for clients. This is an evening opportunity in Worcester, Bromsgrove or Redditch. If you think you can help, do get in touch.
- A local Dementia Café which meets on the first Friday of each month is looking for volunteers for additional support. No specific qualifications or experience is needed, but would suit if you know about, or are willing to learn about, dementia and its impact on sufferers and their families. If you enjoy meeting people, can demonstrate empathy and compassion and have good communication skills, then this could suit you. Contact us for more details.
- Do you have experience of working in a mental health setting? Would you be prepared to offer informal support to in patients and help the ward nurses with activity groups and perhaps suggest suitable activities. If you are motivated to help, have empathy and enthusiasm then do get in touch. Full training will be given.
- Volunteer drivers are wanted in Droitwich. If you have a clean driving licence and would like to help your local community, this is an opportunity to do so. Full training is given and expenses will be paid.
- Home visitors and befrienders are always needed to visit sight impaired people in their own homes, for tea and a chat. Assistance with daily living tasks such as reading, or accompanying clients on short outings is also desirable. This is a completely flexible role depending on the client’s needs and wishes, so please help if you can.
- Are you a keen gardener? Do you have a happy and polite disposition and a non-judgmental understanding of those living with mental illness? If so could you help with maintaining an outside area where patients can visit to help with their recovery. You would also support patients alongside the nursing staff, that show an interest in undertaking basic gardening tasks.
- A popular local museum is looking for volunteers to help with their Primary Schools Education programme. Various roles are available from helping with small groups of children to leading activities in themed events and activities. Please get in touch if you think you could help. The museum is also looking for volunteers to act as Stewards and to help in the coffee shop. Saturday and Thursdays are the particular days when they are short staffed.
- A national organisation, committed to building stronger families by delivering support to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people, is looking for home based volunteers for their Parent Support Service. If you have two hours a week to spare and feel you could give emotional support and guidance via telephone or email, then please give us a call.
- A children’s centre in Stourport is looking for Befrienders for children with disabilities. If you feel you could help, either early evenings or weekends it would be much appreciated. A little experience would be beneficial but is not essential as training will be given.
- A Worcester Scout Group is looking for several volunteers to act as Leaders, Quartermaster and Secretary. High quality training is offered for all roles which require a minimum of 1-2 hours a week, although plenty more are on offer if you get the scouting bug!
- Would you like to improve your office skills? Do you have a few hours a week to spare? Would you like to help a local community? If so you are needed in Droitwich. No experience is necessary as full training will be given. Give us a call for more details.
- Could you spare a few hours to help ward staff at a local hospital with various activities for their patients. If you are motivated to help others, have empathy and enthusiasm you would be warmly welcomed. Full training and induction is offered and this is an opportunity to gain experience in a care environment.
- Are you someone who could make a real difference to a child’s life as an Independent Visitor? A friendly guiding influence can improve a young life and children in care benefit greatly from having that special person in their life. If you could spare just a few hours per month and would like to know more, please get in touch.
- A youth led environmental charity, aimed at raising awareness around sustainability issues has a variety of roles available for 16 to 25 year olds. All the projects have been set up and run by young volunteers, and they are always looking for more people to join them. If you have a couple of hours a week to spare and would like to get involved, ring for details.
- A growing group of volunteers who collect supermarket and deli food which is past it’s ‘display until’ date, but is still perfectly edible and safe to eat, and deliver it to local charities and hospices to help them feed those who are dependent on them for support, need help. They would like to rescue even more food from landfill and support more charities in Worcester. You could help in many ways, but first ring us for more details.
- Volunteer drivers are needed by a local ‘Live at home’ scheme, for half an hour morning and evenings, on Mondays and Thursdays. If you are a safe driver, have access to your own vehicle with full tax, MOT and insurance and like people, this could be for you.
- Home visitors and befrienders are always needed by a charity for the sight impaired. You would visit clients in their homes for tea and a chat, or to aid with paperwork and basic daily living tasks. At present, they are looking for someone who could take a young Mum and her baby out and about in Worcester. Please let us know if you feel you could help.
- There are many and varied opportunities to volunteer at a charity which helps anyone who would like to dance. You could help the dance teachers with classes, chaperoning, working on costumes or delivering publicity materials. This is a fun and worthwhile organisation who would welcome your help.
- A ‘meeter and greeter and general helper outer’ is needed at a social group for adults with Asperger’s. They are looking for a special person for their Worcester based group who could make new members welcome and generally, mix and mingle. The group meets on a Wednesday or Saturday so if you think you could help out for a couple of hours, get in touch.
- Activities assistants are needed to support the daily delivery of multi-sensory activities to both children and adults who have disabilities. There are many roles and times available as the charity sees over 300 people every week. For example, the Sensory play session for 0-4 year olds and family sessions. This centre is a vibrant hub of diversity and welcomes volunteers to help them meet their aim, which is to bring joy to the lives of others.
- A Wednesday Lunch Club is looking for help. They need someone who could assist with the preparation, help with serving meals and also with clearing the tables and washing up afterwards. The hours are flexible between 9.30am and 1.45pm. Please help if you can!
- Fundraising volunteers are needed by a national Veterans association, to help with a range of activities. These include Collections, Community Events, or even doing your own thing! If you would like to organise a coffee morning or a cycle challenge, it all helps. If you join the fundraising team you can give as little or as much time as suits you. For more details, get in touch.
- A charity for bereaved British Forces children will be holding an informal recruitment event in October. They are looking for self-motivated volunteers who enjoy meeting people and who could fundraise and raise awareness of the charity in the local community. For more details, please ring.
- Support is needed at a local Dementia Café. No specific qualifications or experience are needed for this post but it may suit you if you know about, or are willing to learn about, dementia and its impact on people. The time required is 11.00am -3.00pm on the first Friday of every month.
- A volunteer is needed by a local charity to maintain its front and back garden to a presentable standard, and to be able to work around members of the public during opening hours. Tasks will include sweeping, weeding, pruning and tool maintenance. If you have Friday mornings from 9am-1pm free and think this could be for you, please give us a call.
- An organisation that provides Christmas presents for children, is looking for people to run its Toy Project. If you could spare some time between 11-2 on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday, and if you have empathy with families and children in need, please get in touch.
- Would you be interested in an administration role, which involves data entry, answering the telephone checking emails etc. Volunteers are needed on a Monday and Friday between 11am and 2pm. Training will be given and this is an opportunity to brush up on your office skills.
- Would you like to work in retail? There are a number of roles available in the local branch of a world- wide charity. From helping on the till to photographing items for their on-line shop. There really is something for everyone. Do get in touch if you would like to be involved.
- Do you like football and are you a Worcester City supporter? If so would you be willing and able to take an elderly gentleman from Lower Wick, who is partially sighted, to games in Bromsgrove on Saturdays, fortnightly? The gentleman concerned has been an avid supporter for 60 years and is desperate to go to games. Please help if you can.
- This is just one of a number of individual requests we have on our books, so do contact us if you’d like details about other similar opportunities.
- Befrienders/ Independent Visitors are needed by a Youth Charity. This role involves being matched with one child, and befriending and visiting them on a regular basis for at least 2 years. The visits are for a few hours once a month at times to suit both parties. A complete training and induction course is available and expenses are paid, so if you are interested in this rewarding work please phone.
- Side by side befrienders are needed to support dementia sufferers, whilst they are in hospital. You will take part in 1 to 1 activities, such as card games, or just chatting or listening to music. Various times are available and a certain commitment would be required. Get in touch if you can help.
- Receptionists are required at a charity in Worcester city centre. Duties include answering the telephone and welcoming visitors. Morning or afternoon shifts are available to suit and there would be two volunteers on duty at all times. Training will be provided, so if you would like to help, please give us a ring.
- Someone who is fluent in British Sign Language Level 3 is being sought to act as a befriender to a person who is deaf or hard of hearing. You would be supporting them by visiting once or twice a week and helping them to feel less isolated. If you would like to improve your language, communication and people skills, get in touch.
- Retail Shop Volunteers are always needed by a national Children’s Hospice charity in their various shops across the region. If you are looking for a career in retail, or are thinking of returning to work after retirement this could be for you. If you have customer service skills or would like to learn them, please contact us.
- Are you a keen photographer? Would you be willing to spare a few hours a week to help an elderly, active gentleman, who is suffering from dementia to continue to enjoy his hobby. You would be helping by visiting and chatting about photography, looking at photos and helping him to get out and about to take photographs.
- A nursing team based in Droitwich is looking for a volunteer to carry out tasks that are non-nursing. They are looking for someone who could organise office and cupboard spaces and keep them and the kitchen clean and tidy. You need to be organised, discreet and able to move light objects. Office skills are also desirable. Hours are to suit.
- A caretaker is required by a local museum. Duties would include making minor repairs and keeping the workspace neat and tidy. Two to four hours are needed per week to suit the volunteer.
- A disability charity is looking for a Correspondence Secretary who will be mainly home based but will attend committee meetings. You will act as a point of contact for all correspondence and distribute information to branch members. If you have administrative, IT and organisational skills, do get in touch.
- A local toddler group is looking for someone to help them set up the group, engage with the children and their parents and generally help out by making tea and coffee etc. The hours are 9.30- 12.30 on Mondays, during term time only.
- A local bird sanctuary is looking for volunteers to help keep the river steps clean and clear of debris. Ideally the need enough volunteers that the steps are cleaned daily, but Friday afternoon at 2pm is the most useful time. If you are physically fit and agile and enjoy seeing the environment looking its best, give us a call.
- There are several volunteer opportunities at a local library. If you would like to meet and greet and help users access the internet, or if you are interested in children’s activities or have a knowledge of coding and could help 8-12 year olds get to grips with it, get in touch.
- Do you have excellent social media skills and good financial understanding? If so, would you like to use those skills to manage administration for a unique project: A Singing and Sign Language Choir. 4 hours a week on a flexible basis, weekdays only, are required.
- A steward is needed by a local museum for 4 hours on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. If you are outgoing, communicative and interested in Worcester History, this could be just what you are looking for.