Tenovus Cancer Care works at the heart of the community to deliver a vision where fewer people get cancer and those that do will receive equal access to excellent treatment. Our shops play an important part in raising the funds to help us support cancer patients and their loved ones in their community. However, our shops couldn’t do this without the help of our incredible volunteers.
If you’re looking to make a difference in your local community whilst getting some great experience, then volunteering with us could be a great opportunity for you.
- Customer Service Assistant
Welcoming people into the shop, serving customers on our tills, speaking with customers and sharing the amazing things we do.
- Lead Retail Assistant
Helping to run the shop and keeping things running smoothly when the shop managers aren’t there.
- Shop Fundraising Assistant
Putting on creative fundraising activities events such as; raffles, coffee mornings, fashion shows in the shop or in your local community.
- Stock Preparation Assistant
Sorting and preparing donations ready for displaying and selling on the shop floor.
- Visual Merchandising Assistant
Making sure the displays in our windows and shops always look amazing!
- Donated Goods Collector
Picking up donations and dropping them to local Tenovus Cancer Care shops.
What are we looking for?
- We’re looking for people with an enthusiasm for the work of Tenovus Cancer Care and who are reliable, honest and enjoy helping as part of a team.
- Our volunteer roles will suit you if you’re able to communicate really well with a range of people and if you’re organised and can do more than one thing at a time.
- It’ll also help if you’re friendly and positive and a natural people person.
- Good numeracy & cash handling skills a really keen eye for detail would be beneficial.
- Also, you’ll need to be passionate about supporting cancer patients and their loved ones.
How much time do I need to give?
We’re really flexible and appreciate any time you can give us. Ideally for most of our roles in the shop we’re looking to for someone to give just a couple of hours each week. Let us know on your application form what suits you.
Where will I be based?
Tenovus Cancer Care shop, 23 High Street, Bromyard, HR7 4AA.
How can I apply?
It’s so easy to become a Tenovus Cancer Care volunteer! You can apply online via our website or simply pop into your local shop. Or get in touch with our Volunteer Development Team on 029 2076 8850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.