Skip to content

Exchanges, Study abroad & Summer Schools


An exchange refers to a period of study or a work placement spent in a partner university where there is an exchange agreement between the two institutions.

Normally, a student continues to pay fees at his / her home institute and will get academic credit for the period abroad. Exchanges at the University of Worcester can be within Europe (part funded by Erasmus Plus) or outside Europe (self-funded).

Study Abroad

This refers to a period of study (a year or a semester) spent in an overseas university where there is no exchange agreement in place. You will pay fees directly to the host university.

You may be awarded credit but it will be up to you to negotiate acceptance of that credit by your home institution. Study Abroad may also refer to Study Tours which are optional tutor led excursions usually related to the curriculum but not necessarily attracting credit.

Summer Schools

The University of Worcester offers some summer schools to students from partner institutions and will promote opportunities for our home students to attend summer schools at recognised overseas universities.


To apply for exchange, study abroad or summer school please complete and return this application form.

Study Abroad students talk about their year in Worcester

2014-2015 Study Abroad students Amber Sorenson and Amanda Hass talk about their academic year at the University of Worcester.

Exchange students talk about their time at Worcester

2011-2012 International students Denise and Forrest talk about the Study Abroad programme and the City of Worcester

Open video in new window