In this newly created position you will take a lead role in the delivery of a high quality, professional and responsive HR service; managing a full range of employee relations issues and HR projects.
As a senior member of the HR team, you will lead the HR Business Partners in developing innovative and business–led services, and play an important role in driving the HR strategy for the department and for the University.
For a full job description and to apply for this position, please contact our exclusively retained consultants Amy Louise Hopwood or Jan Colligan at Hudson on 0121 6345173 or visit https://jobs-eu.hudson.com/en-gb/preview/105765. Please do not apply via the University website.
This assignment is being handled exclusively by Hudson and all direct or third party applications will be forwarded to them.
Closing date: Sunday 18 Feb 2018
Reference number: Hudson1
- Job details
- Band 9, £49,149 - £56,950, with the opportunity to progress to £60,410 pa
- Full time
- June 2018 or before
- Responsible to
- Director of Human Resources
- Responsible for
- HR Business Partners
- Interview date
- To be confirmed
For more information about the department visit the Human Resources website.
University of Worcester:The University of Worcester is committed to providing excellent education. High standards, inspirational teaching and extensive opportunities for student participation combine to enable individual students to flourish. The University is high achieving in graduate employment and was shortlisted for the University of the Year Awards by Times Higher Education in 2016. With over 10,000 students, and more than 1,100 staff members, the University has an excellent track record of sustained financial performance and strategic investment in high quality, innovative facilities. With a national reputation as a friendly, truly inclusive university, both students and staff feel genuinely empowered, inspired and encouraged to grow personally and professionally.The HR department plays a key role in supporting the University’s strategic aims and in achieving the University’s mission to be ‘an outstanding university at which to be a member of staff’.
- Main duties
- Lead on the management of complex HR cases, providing advice and support to the HR Business Partners on University policy and procedure.
- Work in partnership with managers across the university to understand their business objectives and provide well-judged advice, guidance and support.
- Initiate, lead, facilitate and manage complex change processes in conjunction with the HR Business Partners.
- Take the lead on the proactive development of HR policies, procedures and working practices in response to institutional needs and the changing legislative and statutory framework.
- Take lead responsibility in relation to all employee relations activities with a proactive approach to problem solving, mediation and HR advice.
- Encourage a positive working relationship with managers, staff and Trade Unions.
- Coach and support the Business Partner team, develop skills and knowledge and drive team performance.
- Promote collaborative working across the HR Operations and HR Business Partner teams.
- Person specification
Educated to degree level or with equivalent practical experience and CIPD qualified (Level 7).
Experience of leading and managing a HR support team or function within a large, multi-disciplinary organisation.
Extensive experience of complex HR casework and working with Trade Unions.
Up to date knowledge of UK employment law and Employment Tribunal procedures.
An ability to translate strategic plans into effective operational HR policy and process.
A robust, strategic, proactive approach and the ability to work in partnership with senior decision-makers.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, collegiality and the ability to lead, coach and develop others.
Although previous experience in the higher education sector is not a pre-requisite, s/he must be able to demonstrate commitment to the values of higher education.