As the ICT Primary Liaison Technician Sue is a key member of the Primary Education Team delivering Initial Teacher Education programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The ICT Primary Liaison Technician provides support for staff and students in their use of Media and ICT hardware and software and supports the team in a range of technical, administrative and organisational duties to help ensure the Primary Education team run efficiently and also oversee the yearly creation and implementation of the PC Education image. Sue provides detailed information on resources held for ICT Primary and carry out administration related to the booking of equipment, as well as fulfilling a range of duties including equipment storage and issue, stock maintenance, photocopying and updating of displays
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage, supervise and organise technical/operational and administrative support to the Primary ICT Lecturers and their teaching requirements, including the setting up/clearing away of peripheral equipment for teaching sessions in accordance with module programs and manage in secure but accessible manner storage of peripheral equipment for use in teaching session. Also provide service and advice to staff and students primarily based in PC Room EE1101 and ensure 100% of machines are in good working order and cross checking timetabling bookings.
- To assist in the planning, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software and any modifications necessary for the maintenance of and installation of the Education Image liaising with ICT Primary Education Colleagues and the ICT Team.
- If available, provide first line Smart Board support for EE1101 and the Binyon Education rooms. Doing regular IT equipment checks within EE1101 and Binyon lecterns and Smart Boards and support and oversee support calls and logged jobs through ICT on behalf of Academic requests.
- Ensures proper inventory of software and hardware equipment, parts, and materials.
- Support for ITT students borrowing Education hardware for teaching practice (such as BeeBots and mats, Animation Kits, cameras, digital voice recorders and various teaching materials), keeping accurate records and ensuring the safe and timely return of all
- Oversee and update ICT Resources website – updating blog and resources downloads for students and oversee and maintenance of Pinterest boards.
- Continuous maintenance of peripheral devices in good working order / including batteries etc. for use in teaching sessions. Ensuring security of equipment and materials.
- Technical exploration of new products and guidance to ICT Primary tutors regarding purchases/implementation.
- Liaison with other Education Technicians when there are ICT teaching and learning activities happening outside of EE1101; including checking availability, collection and return arrangements.
- Processing redundant equipment or software in accordance with UW procedures in consultation with ASU.
- Assist with photocopying, printing and laminating where appropriate
- Peripheral Graphic Design work, Make posters and models, etc. for teaching sessions as Assist with mounting displays and exhibitions.
Qualifications and Training
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- BA (Hons) in Information Technology and Art and Design
- Stage 1 of the City & Guilds 730 Further and Adult Education Teachers’ Certificate
- BTEC Higher National Diploma in Graphics
- Change & Me
- Email Permissions & Encryption Training
- Skills Gym - Managing Difficult Conversations
- 'TEL' Me More Seminar
- Introduction to One Drive
- Information Security Awareness
- GDPR Training
- Writing Well for the Web
- Introduction to using Social Media workshop