Course Leader for Sport Development and Coaching, and Senior Lecturer in Sport Development and Sport Business Management
tel: 01905 542508
Mandy joined the University following 20 years' work within the Sports Development industry. An enthusiast for physical activity and sport, and getting people active, Mandy has supported initiatives for disabled people, youth groups, schools, sports clubs and Local Authorities and has worked for the national sports charity, the Youth Sport Trust (1997-2006), where she became one of their National Programme Managers overseeing the early years and primary TOP programmes.
Mandy is a part-time lecturer supporting the Sport Development and Sport Business Management modules, as well as being a Senior Trainer and Tutor for the Youth Sport Trust Learning Academy. She regularly delivers training to teachers and young people and works at major national events including Girls Active National Camp and Youth Sport Award GO Camp, both held at Loughborough University. Mandy is a full member of the Association for Physical Education and the European Sport Development Network, and is an External Examiner for Sheffield Hallam University.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, University of Worcester (2013)
- MA Sports Development, University of Gloucestershire (1999)
- BSc Sport Science and Administration, Nottingham Trent University (1992)
- University of Worcester Teaching Award 2017
- Fellow of The Higher Education Authority (FHEA)
Teaching & Research
- Operational Sport Development
- International Sport Development
- Sports Strategy
- Sponsorship and Fundraising
- Sport Development and Lifelong Participation (active ageing)
- Youth Sport Development
- Teaching and Learning – student experience
- PE and School Sport Premium
- Community Leadership and Volunteering
- Olympic Games
Senior Trainer and Tutor for the Youth Sport Trust Learning Academy.
External Examiner for BSc (Hons) Sport Development with Coaching at Sheffield Hallam University.