University Arena Events Administrator
School of Sport and Exercise Science
Professional and Technical Support Staff
During their studies at the University of Worcester, Jonathan participated as a grassroots football referee for the Worcestershire FA. As part of the course, a sports professional placement module afforded Jonathan experience at Worcester Warriors Rugby Football Club and a Property Finance provider, CrowdProperty. This led to several summer internship opportunities from 2019-2021.
Having completed a Masters programme in the same subject area, Jonathan’s wish to work in the sports events delivery industry was evident, as he volunteered at the Birmingham Commonwealth Games for triathlon and cycling competitions. Through the academic research undertaken at University, Jonathan gained experience in event management which led to the current role.
- MSc Sport Business Management (Predicted: Distinction), Sheffield Hallam University (graduating 2022)
- BA Sport Business Management (First Class), University of Worcester (2021)
- FA Basics Referee Course (2015)
Scope of Role at University
As University Arena Events Administrator, Jonathan assists with the planning and delivering a variety of events including Worcester Wolves, Severn Stars and further external events. Jonathan also helps with the co-ordination of community initiatives in collaboration with coaches from Worcester Wolves and Severn Stars. Comprehensive administrative support is also undertaken by Jonathan, notably planning event documentation, entertainment, group bookings and merchandising.
Event Floor Manager
- Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 - field of play team member (triathlon and cycling)
- Kitlocker.com - work-based learning project
- Worcester Warriors - work placement and casual bar staff
- CrowdProperty - lender relations intern
- Worcestershire FA - grassroots referee